Casablanca - Hassan II Mosque on a Friday

Wansbrough

I don't suppose anyone can give any advise about whether there are tours inside the Hassan II Mosque on a Friday?

I have done a general search on Google but cannot find anything which has been posted in the last 18 months which provides any sort of an answer.

Some sites say no tours at all while there are reviews which claim to have been but don't give any advice on timings.

One website claims there are tours at 9:00am and 2:30pm on a Friday. :confused:

I've found this website of the 'Fondation de la Mosquée Hassan II de Casablanca':

http://fmh2.ma/fr/mosquee/visite-de-la-mosquee.html

It is available in French or Arabic. Visiting times on Friday are 9 and 14. This might change during Ramadan and the summer opening hours. I do not see any mention of restrictions in the number of people that can enter, but I imagine that you have to be on time if you want to get a ticket. However, you might try the link on the website to reserve ahead of time.

DH and I are thinking of going to Rabat instead (we'll also be in Casablanca on a Friday) and just look at the Mosque in Casablanca from the outside.

Glad the website was just what you were looking for.

To be honest it is the first website that comes up when I type 'Mosque Hassan II' into google. :o I must admit I did overlook it when I googled it the first time.

Glad the website was just what you were looking for.

To be honest it is the first website that comes up when I type 'Mosque Hassan II' into google. :o I must admit I did overlook it when I googled it the first time.

Now you mention it..... I can see it on my search. :o:o

Its where the advertised links go and I don't tend to look at the those. I must learn not to skim them in future. Thanks again. :)

• 1 month later...