Tailor on board Riviera??

Hambagahle

The other day I was reading a thread on the Regent boards about a tailor on board their ships - and it occured to me to ask the same question about Riviera because we plan some shopping in the US before our cruise back to Europe and might need some things shortened/altered.

So -- does anyone know if there is a tailor one can send things to on Riviera? and how does one do this? Via the Butler? Housekeeping? Other?

Thank you!

The other day I was reading a thread on the Regent boards about a tailor on board their ships - and it occured to me to ask the same question about Riviera because we plan some shopping in the US before our cruise back to Europe and might need some things shortened/altered.

So -- does anyone know if there is a tailor one can send things to on Riviera? and how does one do this? Via the Butler? Housekeeping? Other?

Thank you!

Doubt it. The butler can sew on a button or such but I have never heard of anyone actually tailoring anything.

I have no specific information but in addition to the passengers, there is crew/staff, I'm sure there is a tailor on board. Check the information packet in the cabin - there is normally a list with the charges to do various alternations.

Or ask your stewardess/butler or the front desk.

The HK tailors will not alter previous owned clothes - they are there to sell their product. Which for the most part is good quality, dependent on the company.

Peggy

Thank you!

I'm assuming there is someone on board every ship who does tailoring for the crew. After all, new crew members likely need to have uniforms altered to fit and new entertainment staff likely need to have existing costumes altered to fit. (We won't even discuss the need to let out seams for crew who are less-than-disciplined about their food choices while on board.) Whether cruisers have access to this service is the big question mark.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

It is really shortening trousers that I think we might need... Will be shopping in the US and wont have time there to get things done. (Only 5 nights in all and two are over the weekend). I am certainly not planning to get Hong Kong style stuff - just simple things!

And yes, I have to assume the crew need tailoring or zips replacing or whatever!

Last year I had split the back seam of a silk blouse and the butler took it to a crew member who was a tailor by trade but not an "official tailor on the ship" and he took care of it and made a good repair - there were no guarantees of course as this was not an official ship service, but I was happy with the job done. So this may be possible also for something simple like your trouser hems.

It is really shortening trousers that I think we might need... Will be shopping in the US and wont have time there to get things done. (Only 5 nights in all and two are over the weekend). I am certainly not planning to get Hong Kong style stuff - just simple things!

And yes, I have to assume the crew need tailoring or zips replacing or whatever!

I would not count on any onboard tailoring.

A suggestion: contact the place(s) where you intend to purchase and ask if they can recommend a same day tailor. Willingness to amply reward for such service may open doors.

Edited by Noxequifans