Kids Activities (non kids club) Freedom of the Seas

rdevine10

Hi everyone,

I booked the FOS for our school spring break (& my 40th)! But I have a few questions. In the past my kids have not enjoyed the kids clubs on any cruise line (Disney included!) and we have used our cruising time to reconnect as a family. On sea days they love swimming & going on waterslides. For our next cruise they will be 9 and 12.

I am trying to figure out what kinds of activities are available to those who are NOT in the kids clubs. I have tried searching but most things I read keep saying info regarding the kids clubs.

Any info would be helpful. While I have wanted to try FOS for quite some time, I am concerned as there are no waterslides.

Thanks in advance!

There's always race your sibling up/down the stairs and hallways. That seem popular on most cruise ships ;)

All kidding aside, there's a ton to do. H20 park is awesome.

Thanks! Is the H20 water park still appropriate for a 12 year old? Thanks!

Not sure about H20 park for a 12-year-old; might be "borderline" - most kids I have seen there were younger. Might be happier in main pool playing with a ball, etc.

However, sports deck has a basketball court - often also used for soccer - general ball games. Also, mini golf, shuffleboard, rock climbing wall, ice skating (don't forget long pants/socks). Don't remember if Freedom has table tennis.

We were on Freedom last year with kids 16, 12, and 9 and no one seemed interested in the kids club either. We did the main pool (there are two giant hot tubs too) and the sports deck, the arcade, puzzles in the library, quiz games in the Schooner, cupcake class. I think we got free kids bingo cards when we bought ours. My middle kid went on the behind the scenes tour with dad and really liked it! Not cheap but a neat experience for a kid who like to know how stuff works. We loved the Main theater shows but also signed up for the Ice show and watched a movie one afternoon in there. There was also a family scavenger hunt and other random food tasting things. There is always something going on... Enjoy!

So a lot of this is repeat from what people have said, but I'll share what I remember. We just went in October. Kids are 7, 11 & 15.

Freedom has great pool area and lots of hot tubs. The H20 zone is great. They have a pool in that area with a water fall in it the kids liked, even the 11 yr old.

They loved flow rider, ice skating, mini golf, ping pong, shuffle board, character meet and greets (mostly 7 yr old), DreamWorks parade, watching the ice skating show and the Drew Thomas magic show and playing in the arcade.

They all have done other cruises before but say they cant wait to go back on freedom!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app