Ybor City

GTO-Girl

I am not familiar with the Tampa area at all......

Ybor City looks to be very close to the port, but is it a good area to stay in pre-cruise? We are in our 60's and not looking for entertainment.....LOL

I already have reservations for the Hampton Inn at Rocky Point and was wondering which would be best.

Thanks everyone!!!

Ybor has some good Latin history, good restaurants... including the Columbia, which in my opinion is outstanding, and some very lively night life.

It can be a nice way to spend the afternoon and early evening but does tend to get a little wild after dark.

I am 51 and honestly, the night time scene is just not for me. Now for someone younger or those that can party-til-they-drop it may be a great place and lots of fun so it just depends on what one is looking for.

Here is a link to some happenings in Ybor. It may give you a better idea of what is offered in terms of restaurants, museums and entertainment.

http://www.ybor.org/

Rocky Point is on the water and much, much more sedate. There is a Bahama Breeze restaurant and bar just across the Hampton parking lot. They have nightly entertainment outside in the deck area and their food isn't half bad......... great view too.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr