A shot in the dark.....song

Osnab

I realize this is a very long shot in the dark, but I am dying to know the name of a certain song that I heard quite a lot on Solstice recently. It seemed like it was playing in every venue. Unfortunately, I cannot remember any words except I thought there was something about God loving her? (sung by a female) How's that for vague?

Is there any way anyone can think of that I can get a list of the songs played on the ship? This was not a live song, so there would be a tape of some kind on a loop maybe.

I tried to contact Celebrity, but it seems their website problems are still acting up and I couldn't get thru.

If anyone has any inkling, I would appreciate it. If not, then my bad for not trying to get more details when I was on the ship.

Thanks.

Felicia

I'd like to help, but I need a little more to go on. What genre?

We are just recently off Infinity and what you described doesn't ring a bell. Anything else that you can add would be great.

Definitely a long shot. Not only is there little info to go on but many of the "song tracks" you hear on board and in malls are cover versions of the original song and usually sung by someone other than the original performer.

So, hard to know what the original song would be based on what you heard on board which could make it extremely difficult to find.

A little more info however and who knows, strange things can happen. Genre would be good, a little bit more info on the lyrics would help and perhaps a stab at the story line of the song. Good luck.

BTW, I've had the same thing happen but asked the question while on board the ship and almost always have been told the name of the song. On my last cruise I loved a song played by the ships band and asked them who originally performed it. It's now one of my favourite songs (Valerie by Mark Ronson).

Definitely a long shot. Not only is there little info to go on but many of the "song tracks" you hear on board and in malls are cover versions of the original song and usually sung by someone other than the original performer.

So, hard to know what the original song would be based on what you heard on board which could make it extremely difficult to find.

A little more info however and who knows, strange things can happen. Genre would be good, a little bit more info on the lyrics would help and perhaps a stab at the story line of the song. Good luck.

BTW, I've had the same thing happen but asked the question while on board the ship and almost always have been told the name of the song. On my last cruise I loved a song played by the ships band and asked them who originally performed it. It's now one of my favourite songs (Valerie by Mark Ronson).

Thanks to everyone who replied, but I'm afraid I don't know any more than I gave originally, which is really pathetic. I wish I'd asked while on board, but didn't think as much about it at the time as I had afterward.

There's really no way anyone can give me the answer, because it's way too vague. A song by a female? Yeah, that narrows it down.

Thanks again.

Hmmm, maybe I just need to book another cruise! <G>

Felicia

Hello,

What about "God Loves Ugly"…sung by Jordin Sparks ?

BBL

Naw, that's not it. I wish I could remember more about it or at least videoed something while it was playing.

Would sure bring back some nice memories of the cruise, though.

Another idea - there are often people posting mid-cruise. You may want to find one of those threads and ask the question - they are on the ship now. I think there is someone posting about another S class ship - who knows - maybe they play the same canned music on each one - never hurts to ask.

I feel your pain! We also have fond memories of the music/certain songs we heard over and over again on our first Celebrity cruise. For our 2nd Celebrity cruise we videoed/recorded some of the songs (just like you mentioned) :D Sometimes I just like to hear it and take me back (in my mind) to vacation.

Good luck!

I realize this is a very long shot in the dark, but I am dying to know the name of a certain song that I heard quite a lot on Solstice recently. It seemed like it was playing in every venue. Unfortunately, I cannot remember any words except I thought there was something about God loving her? (sung by a female) How's that for vague?

Is there any way anyone can think of that I can get a list of the songs played on the ship? This was not a live song, so there would be a tape of some kind on a loop maybe.

I tried to contact Celebrity, but it seems their website problems are still acting up and I couldn't get thru.

If anyone has any inkling, I would appreciate it. If not, then my bad for not trying to get more details when I was on the ship.

Thanks.

Felicia

Do you know any of the entertainers names? Did you keep your Daily's? You could look up websites for those that sang the song and see if they have a song list.

Edited by Iamthesea

If it was played a lot on the cruise, it might one of the current top ten tunes or one of the year's most popular. For example, Taylor Swift's song "Shake It Off" is getting lots of radio air play right now. You hear it every where.

Another idea, because the song references God, it could be a top ten country tune by one of the best selling women country singers. Try Billboard .com and see who the current leaders are in pop and country music.

Can you give me an idea if the arrangement is more like pop, dance, or country? I would do a search of lyrics if I had a better idea of the genre. Also is it acoustic or is there are a band backing the vocals? Also it would help to know the tempo of the song.

OK, I've done some digging. Taylor Swift's song "Shake It Off" does contain the words in the third verse..."She's like, Oh my God," "I'm just gonna shake..."

I'm have mentioned this song before because it is getting so much airplay right now and it is from Swift's new album which is the highest selling album so far this year.

The music payed most frequently on cruise ships does tend to be the recent top selling music, especially if it is danceable and easily recognizable.

Check out the song on You Tube and see if it is the one you heard.

What part of the ship was it being played in? I ask because when we were on the Solstice we loved the music that was played throughout the ship, meaning the areas waiting for the elevator, in the halls, by the martini bar etc. When we got back I tried to find music that was similar because it brought back memories like I mentioned in my above post.

When we were on the Solstice the music being played was what I call "soft EDM" (EDM= electronic dance music). Sort of soft techno/dance music? If that makes sense. Anyway, if that is the genre of music, I found this song from Pandora that I listen to all the time that brings back memories.

There is a song called "Breathe" by Telepopmusik (it is actually playing on my Pandora right now in my house, that was what made me think of it to come back here and try to help :) )

My point is, maybe try Pandora. If you can find a song like it maybe you will discover it. By any chance, was the song along the genre I described (soft EDM, sort of techno-ish but kind of chill at the same time)?

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

OK, I've done some digging. Taylor Swift's song "Shake It Off" does contain the words in the third verse..."She's like, Oh my God," "I'm just gonna shake..."

I'm have mentioned this song before because it is getting so much airplay right now and it is from Swift's new album which is the highest selling album so far this year.

The music payed most frequently on cruise ships does tend to be the recent top selling music, especially if it is danceable and easily recognizable.

Check out the song on You Tube and see if it is the one you heard.

That's not it. It's a bit more upbeat and "danceable" than what I remembered. The voice does sound like Taylor Swift's voice, though.

What part of the ship was it being played in? I ask because when we were on the Solstice we loved the music that was played throughout the ship, meaning the areas waiting for the elevator, in the halls, by the martini bar etc. When we got back I tried to find music that was similar because it brought back memories like I mentioned in my above post.

When we were on the Solstice the music being played was what I call "soft EDM" (EDM= electronic dance music). Sort of soft techno/dance music? If that makes sense. Anyway, if that is the genre of music, I found this song from Pandora that I listen to all the time that brings back memories.

There is a song called "Breathe" by Telepopmusik (it is actually playing on my Pandora right now in my house, that was what made me think of it to come back here and try to help :) )

My point is, maybe try Pandora. If you can find a song like it maybe you will discover it. By any chance, was the song along the genre I described (soft EDM, sort of techno-ish but kind of chill at the same time)?

It wasn't quite as "electronic" as this, but it was in the "soft" range. This is like trying to describe chocolate without using the word chocolate or sweet. It wasn't "Breathe" but it was similar in beat.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Felicia

It wasn't quite as "electronic" as this, but it was in the "soft" range. This is like trying to describe chocolate without using the word chocolate or sweet. It wasn't "Breathe" but it was similar in beat.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Felicia

Good luck! I hope you can find something at least similar to the song you are trying to find :)

Just an FYI if it helps, I looked at my Pandora play list and here are a couple other songs that are in the soft-ish category that remind me of being on Solstice:

Kaskade- I remember

Benny Benassi- Come Fly Away