Alaska Cruise Basics

thecruiserofships

We stayed up till 1am last night waiting for Princess to load their 2016 Alaska stuff. It started appearing in dribs and drabs from 11am and it wasn't till nearly 2 hrs later that my particular cruise finally gave prices and we were able to book. Tired now (and much poorer!) but happy!

We stayed up till 1am last night waiting for Princess to load their 2016 Alaska stuff. It started appearing in dribs and drabs from 11am and it wasn't till nearly 2 hrs later that my particular cruise finally gave prices and we were able to book. Tired now (and much poorer!) but happy!

Congratulations on booking! Although you are now a little poorer, you have a vacation to look forward to!

Plan to book 7 day Alaska cruise in June.

Considering post cruise land tour.

Will all of our time be in transit? It almost appears that way.

Anyone ?

I can't give a definitive answer because land tours will vary. I would guess that most of the time will be in transit. Hope this helps a little!

We are planning our 'cruise of a lifetime' to Alaska in 2016. The only thing we are sure of that we want tour +cruise no less than 15 days.

The cost of flights and accommodations pre and post trip make anything less not worth for us.We are not very adventurous but for this trip would be going out of our comfort zone :)

The biggest stumble block for us is what cruise line to choose for this trip. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

We are planning our 'cruise of a lifetime' to Alaska in 2016. The only thing we are sure of that we want tour +cruise no less than 15 days.

The cost of flights and accommodations pre and post trip make anything less not worth for us.We are not very adventurous but for this trip would be going out of our comfort zone :)

The biggest stumble block for us is what cruise line to choose for this trip. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I would start by looking at different itineraries and what ships these itineraries are offered on. There are a variety of different Alaska itinerary combinations. Write down information as you come across it.

Many cruise lines offer land tour and cruise packages. There are many different land tour itineraries available.

Start by looking one cruise line at a time. I am sure you will find some options that suit your vacation desire! Good luck!

Sometimes it is hard to get the exact itinerary on the exact line you want.

Which one did you decide to choose?

:p. At the moment I have bookings on both. :(. Tending toward Celebrity.

CELEBRITY! We are booked on Celebrity Millennium - May 27, 2016 - come join us! Smaller ship will cruise the inside passage from Vancouver to Seward. We will spend 1 extra day in Vancouver, 7 night cruise and then 6 nights post cruise that ends in Fairbanks.

:p. At the moment I have bookings on both. :(. Tending toward Celebrity.

CELEBRITY! We are booked on Celebrity Millennium - May 27, 2016 - come join us! Smaller ship will cruise the inside passage from Vancouver to Seward. We will spend 1 extra day in Vancouver, 7 night cruise and then 6 nights post cruise that ends in Fairbanks.

Yep. Thats the one I booked. As well the next one from Seward to Vancouver.

We will be in Alaska in the beginning of June. The ships tours are quite expensive. Can I get some recommendations for tours in

Kestchikan

Juneau

Sitka

Hoonah

Wrangell

Thanks to all.

Edited by stanjj111
spelling

We will be in Alaska in the beginning of June. The ships tours are quite expensive. Can I get some recommendations for tours in

Kestchikan

Juneau

Sitka

Hoonah

Wrangell

Thanks to all.

Sorry, for the delay in responding.

Ketchikan - I would consider whale watching. Although I personally did not do this in Ketchikan, it seemed to be a popular thing to do.

When I was last in Ketchikan (a few years ago) there was a free shuttle bus.

Juneau - Consider the Mount Robert's Tramway. This was my favorite part of Juneau and one a good weather day you can get some great views!

The state capital also has tours. It was free a few years ago, short, and very informational.

I can't help with the other ports listed.

• 1 month later...

I hope everyone cruising Alaska this year has a great voyage!

It is hard to believe I started this thread in November 2014 and time has gone by fast! I hope I was able to provide some help to many people for this cruise season and I wish everyone the very best of luck. Safe and fun travels to all!