Alaska Cruise Basics

thecruiserofships

For those that have been wondering 2016 itineraries are starting to appear. I believe Holland America, Norwegian, and Celebrity have their itineraries out. Last I looked, Carnival, Princess and Royal Caribbean don't yet.

I know we had been discussing this on here, so I thought I would share. I'm guessing Carnival will keep the Legend doing Alaska in 2016, but that is not yet official.

1st let me just say that I have stumbled upon your blog and LOVE it! I have my own family blog and recently created a vacation/ cruise blog much like yours but WOW yours is INCREDIBLE! I love reading it and seeing all of the reviews you have posted! Thank you so much for sharing!

I am hoping Carnival posts their Alaska itineraries soon since my DH and I will be going in June 2016 for our 10 year anniversary. We are giddy with excitement!

Thank you so much again! I hope to have my blog looking as good as your soon!

1st let me just say that I have stumbled upon your blog and LOVE it! I have my own family blog and recently created a vacation/ cruise blog much like yours but WOW yours is INCREDIBLE! I love reading it and seeing all of the reviews you have posted! Thank you so much for sharing!

I am hoping Carnival posts their Alaska itineraries soon since my DH and I will be going in June 2016 for our 10 year anniversary. We are giddy with excitement!

Thank you so much again! I hope to have my blog looking as good as your soon!

Thank you for the kind words! :)

I would love to read your blog. Please feel free to share a link here!

Hopefully Carnival will post 2016 itineraries online soon. They recently posted Carnival Vista itineraries for May - October 2016, but no others ships have had anything released yet.

I just found your post and website. Thank you so much - I found it very helpful in narrowing down what we will be doing this June. We only have a short day in Juneau and I was hoping to do whale watching and Mendenhall Glacier. Now I think I want to do the tram as well! If we can fit it all in it will definitely be a fun packed day!

Just saw this post, wanting to do the same! Lets make it happen:D

@thecruiserofships

I just stumbled across this thread and spent quite a long time reading your blog. I just wanted to say thanks for doing such great job and providing so much useful information.

Alaska is amazing! We have been there twice and plan to book a cruise on Holland America as soon as the 2016 itineraries are released.

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Just saw this post, wanting to do the same! Lets make it happen:D

Yes - it's because of this blog/thread by thecruiserofships that I decided to not do a tour in Ketchikan - there seems like there is enough to do to keep us busy for the day.

We will definitely make Juneau happen - I say let's go for all three! :) We are going to be exhausted by the end of this trip - we'll need another vacation!

@thecruiserofships

I just stumbled across this thread and spent quite a long time reading your blog. I just wanted to say thanks for doing such great job and providing so much useful information.

Alaska is amazing! We have been there twice and plan to book a cruise on Holland America as soon as the 2016 itineraries are released.

Happy cruising!

Thank you for the kind words! Good luck with your 2016 booking and I hope you have a great cruise next year!

Yes - it's because of this blog/thread by thecruiserofships that I decided to not do a tour in Ketchikan - there seems like there is enough to do to keep us busy for the day.

We will definitely make Juneau happen - I say let's go for all three! :) We are going to be exhausted by the end of this trip - we'll need another vacation!

Thank you! I'm glad that I was able to help you plan a piece of your cruise. Enjoy Ketchikan and the rest of your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted updates on this thread. (This is partly because of not feeling great and also being busy).

It is February and now some lines are putting out their 2016 itineraries for Alaska. Book early and always look for price drops (if your cruise line honors them).

I will begin the Daily Alaska Tip on March 1, 2015, as promised.

Enjoy and Happy Sailing To All!

It looks like the State of Alaska's travel guide for 2015 is now available for ordering. Anyone that is going this year should consider ordering one!

EDIT: I thought I was making a new thread when I typed this. Whoops!

Is this book in the bookstores? I haven't ever seen one.:rolleyes::eek:

Is this book in the bookstores? I haven't ever seen one.:rolleyes::eek:

@ gottagoacruzn No, this is the official free Alaska state travel guide. This book is not sold in bookstores. See the post directly quoted below for what I am speaking of. Hope this helps!

Is this the guide of which you speak? https://www.travelalaska.com/

planner.png?h=234&mh=340&mw=350&w=200

@ EmTeeNesters Yes, this is the book I speak of. Thanks for sharing the photo!

Edited by thecruiserofships

@ gottagoacruzn No, this is the official free Alaska state travel guide. This book is not sold in bookstores. See the post directly quoted below for what I am speaking of. Hope this helps!

@ EmTeeNesters Yes, this is the book I speak of. Thanks for sharing the photo!

Hi thanks for the info. Am anxious to read your blog beginning in a couple of days.:)

Hi thanks for the info. Am anxious to read your blog beginning in a couple of days.:)

You're welcome!

Please let me know what you think of the Alaska tip of the day blog once it starts. These are not my typical full length blog posts, but instead are a semi short tip featured for a day. Let me know if you think the daily tips are too long or too short. Last year the tips were an average of two to three sentences and if longer most people won't read.

I'm looking forward to reading your blog. When do you plan to have a link to it?

Here is a link: http://www.embarkandaway.com/alaska-cruise-tip-of-the-day

Each day (time of day posted may vary) a new tip will be posted. Some tips are long and some are short, but each will emphasize an aspect of Alaska cruising. These are not full blog posts. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Tomorrow a new tip will be available.

Here is a link: http://www.embarkandaway.com/alaska-cruise-tip-of-the-day

Each day (time of day posted may vary) a new tip will be posted. Some tips are long and some are short, but each will emphasize an aspect of Alaska cruising. These are not full blog posts. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Tomorrow a new tip will be available.

Very nice! Thanks for the link and keep up the good work!

Thank you so much for the Alaska tip of the day thing. I have been waiting for this for a few weeks now! Today's was fun to read and I cannot wait until tomorrow's tip is available. Thanks again! :D

Thank you! :)

Sorry I missed your comment when I looked here a few days ago.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I screwed up today's tip of the day posting and it didn't post at regular time. It is now online. Sorry if anyone got upset the tip of the day was not available early. I know some drink their morning coffee and read the tip of the day.

Thanks!

It's ok that you missed my comment. I see you came back later and apologized. Apology accepted!

I have a quick question about the Alaska Cruise Tip of the Day. Do you manually publish the day's tip or is it scheduled to publish?

Thanks again for all you do. :)

Hi, just found your Alaska blog and it looks like it will be very helpful indeed. We are hoping to cruise there May 2016 and are just waiting for the itineraries to be released. Thanks for the info, I will read it all thoroughly!

Hi, just found your Alaska blog and it looks like it will be very helpful indeed. We are hoping to cruise there May 2016 and are just waiting for the itineraries to be released. Thanks for the info, I will read it all thoroughly!

Thank you!

Some cruise lines such as Norwegian and Celebrity have their itineraries released for 2016, but other lines such as Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Princess not yet.

Please let me know if you ever have any questions or comments. I enjoy helping people, so please feel free to ask!

It's ok that you missed my comment. I see you came back later and apologized. Apology accepted!

I have a quick question about the Alaska Cruise Tip of the Day. Do you manually publish the day's tip or is it scheduled to publish?

Thanks again for all you do. :)

It is supposed to be scheduled, but the system has acted up the past few days (lately it has been manually published).