Christmas Day. What can we look forward to?

Balloon Man

We will be on Golden over Christmas and New year sailing around South America.

What is life like over the festive season on Princess?

That's kinda far from the North Pole so you may or may not get a visit from Santa.

Sent from my D2-927G using Forums mobile app

There are lots of holiday festivities. It is great. They are carolers in Victorian costume, multiple snow drops in the atrium, Christmas trees and decorations throughout the ship including on your mailbox, stockings on your bed, Santa gives out gifts to the children (water bottles last year), Christmas themed movies, a Christmas show the the Princess Theater on Christmas Day, Christmas themed karaoke, church service on Christmas Eve and Day, Christmas Carol Concert in the Atrium on Christmas Day, special holiday foods at meals, Christmas cookie making demo, gingerbread house making, turkey carving demo, and the list goes on.

I have done two princess xmas cruises in the last five years and what stands out in my mind was that they had stations in the atrium for the kids, like centers for cookie making, seeing santa, etc.

They had a nice xmas show in the middle of afternoon, where ship singers sipped a few cocktails and sang xmas songs- it was nice.

My advice- get some of those xmas red hats with the white thingy on the end, to wear on xmas day. We got a formal pic with those hats; really helps to date the pic on the wall.

This is our first time on Princess and our first time on a Christmas day cruise. Will these activities be happening on the ship even if the ship is in port on Christmas day. Trying to decide if I want to take an excursion in Belize or stay on the ship.

Thanks

This is our first time on Princess and our first time on a Christmas day cruise. Will these activities be happening on the ship even if the ship is in port on Christmas day. Trying to decide if I want to take an excursion in Belize or stay on the ship.

Thanks

I was on the Sapphire Princess Christmas cruise last year and we were in port on Christmas Day (Puerto Vallarta). There were many activities on Christmas Day despite being in port including: Christmas Mass, Christmas Carol Concert in the Atrium, Santa Clause giving out Christmas gifts in the atrium, Christmas Family Fun Fair in the atrium, Christmas Show in the Princess Theater, Christmas karaoke, snow drop in the atrium, Christmas deck party by the pool, and several Christmas movies playing at MUTS and in the theater (How the Grinch Stole Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Fred Claus, and Four Christmases).

With the exception of Christmas Mass and the first movie at MUTS in the morning, the rest of the activities started at 2:00 pm or later. So you could go ashore in the morning and get back on the ship by lunch or early afternoon and still participate in most of the activities. Have fun.

Edited by Princess Patches

Please, do NOT let one of those Christmas movies be "It's a Wonderful Life". I hate that movie with every fiber of my body.

But the rest of the activities are making me look forward to our Christmas week cruise.

Edited by GradUT

Thanks

A couple of years ago we were in Lahaina on Christmas Day. "Santa" got to the Golden via tender (we saw him returning to shore in the late afternoon). I did do some advance research on what was open in Maui on that day and we had a great time at Whaler's Village.

At dinner (which was a formal night), the head waiter came over and gave our teen a box of candy canes (yes, a whole box).

This was our third cruise on Princess (all on the Hawaiian itinerary) that included Christmas and New Years. Lots of activities, the kids did a lot of holiday crafts, the usual Christmas music (you can't escape it unless you bring a MP 3 player I guess), holiday movies galore (you can escape those by staying away from MUTS or finding other programming on your in-cabin TV). I did see "Elf" again on MUTS the cruise before our most recent one.

We will be on the Royal for New Years.......will the Christmas decorations still be up? Can't wait to see what its like to be on a cruise over New Years Eve!

Yes, the Christmas decorations will be up for New Year's... by 1/2, they'll be gone.

I was on the Sapphire Princess Christmas cruise last year and we were in port on Christmas Day (Puerto Vallarta). There were many activities on Christmas Day despite being in port including: Christmas Mass, Christmas Carol Concert in the Atrium, Santa Clause giving out Christmas gifts in the atrium, Christmas Family Fun Fair in the atrium, Christmas Show in the Princess Theater, Christmas karaoke, snow drop in the atrium, Christmas deck party by the pool, and several Christmas movies playing at MUTS and in the theater (How the Grinch Stole Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Fred Claus, and Four Christmases).

With the exception of Christmas Mass and the first movie at MUTS in the morning, the rest of the activities started at 2:00 pm or later. So you could go ashore in the morning and get back on the ship by lunch or early afternoon and still participate in most of the activities. Have fun.

Thank you so much for the information. Really appreciate all of the details.

We will be on Golden over Christmas and New year sailing around South America.

What is life like over the festive season on Princess?

On Golden ... don't know.

On Regal and Royal, Santa still delivers coal to girls and boys

who have been naughty, but due to shipping regulations, he grinds

it into powder, and delivers to balconies overnight.

On Golden ... don't know.

On Regal and Royal, Santa still delivers coal to girls and boys

who have been naughty, but due to shipping regulations, he grinds

it into powder, and delivers to balconies overnight.

Very funny, Pablo!

Please, do NOT let one of those Christmas movies be "It's a Wonderful Life". I hate that movie with every fiber of my body.

But the rest of the activities are making me look forward to our Christmas week cruise.

That sounds a little curmudgeon-y....how can you hate Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed (not to mention Bert and Ernie) all in the same movie? :D