Oceania offers

Freightgoddess

Since I posted about never being offered an upgrade or upsell, I got two offers from O. One was for a downgrade and one was for the same category cabin that I now have on a b2b 4 months from now. Now, if only I got an offer for an upgrade or upwell, I would take it gladly. I booked the cabin that I wanted, so I am happy to be on the cruise we booked and the cabin we chose.

Joan

You're completely wrong. The cost of the Suite is the cost of the Suite. Unless it changes for everybody, the FARE never changes.

It's all about shifting passengers out of cabins which are selling like hotcakes and into others which MAY sail empty.

...and if they build a little goodwill because passenger A sails with tons of onboard credit, or passenger B gets into a prized Suite at the eleventh hour.....so be it!

I am not "completely wrong."

When prices rise on cruises (and they do on many), the cost to book the cabin goes up for a person on the wait list. They do not get the original price or the price i existence at the time they waitlisted. A GTY does. A wait listed cruiser does not.

Have you never been on a cruise where you booked early and paid a lot less for the same category of cabin than someone who booked late in the game?

We sure have. Cost of booking a cabin changes all the time on some cruises, particularly the more in demand itineraries.

Edited by bitob

Question on these offers: when O makes them and the passenger has already booked their own air/non-refundable, if the passenger decides to take up O's offer will O make up the difference on any rebooking air costs?

Cancellation and re-booking of private Air arrangements has to be a part of the negotiation when the "offer" is accepted.

The short answer is that Oceania has been known to pay those costs, IF they want your cabin badly enough....but don't assume. :eek:

Air arrangements which were made through the Cruise Line will be changed without any additional cost.