Books to read on cruise.

crindy

Oddly, I read books on ship disasters - really :)

I just find it interesting on how these situation occur. Backup plan - books on Arctic/Antarctic exploration (Shackelton et all).

Someday take a cruise to the Antarctic...

Jim

I set up my Kindle with a wide variety of both new reads and the wonderful free reads offered from Amazon.

From the new reads pile a little of everything:

Leaving Time - Jodi Picoult

Lost Key - Catherine Coulter/J.T. Ellison

Wonder of All Things - Jason Mott

Don't look back - Gregg Hurwitz

Good old series:

Alexandra Sokoloff - Huntress/FBI Thriller

J.A. Konrath - Jack Daniels

I read everything from Biography's to serial killers. I use Amazon and the public library for ebooks. Free reading for your ereader.

Thanks for feedback. I was thinking of something funny, in a Caribbean or beach setting.

The Antartic would be very cold😁. The temperatures in Louisiana are in the 30's and that is cold to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for feedback. I was thinking of something funny, in a Caribbean or beach setting.

The Antartic would be very cold😁. The temperatures in Louisiana are in the 30's and that is cold to me.

I have the perfect book for you... Where is Joe Merchant? by Jimmy Buffett. An awesome and humorous Caribbean adventure! I've read it a couple of times and love it!

Cheers,

Taters

Need ideas for a good fun book to read on my upcoming cruise.

I just read "The Lifeboat" by Charlotte Rogan while on-board the Glory earlier this month. It was a great book and made more meaningful since we were at sea! Here is the synopsis from the author's webpage:

Synopsis

It is the summer of 1914 and Europe is on the brink of war, but Grace Winter’s future finally seems secure as she and her new husband set sail for New York, where she hopes to win over a disapproving and status-conscious mother-in-law. When a mysterious explosion sinks their ship, Grace is thrust into a lifeboat by a quick-witted crew member, who climbs in after her even though the boat is already filled beyond capacity.

Do you want real books or downloaded books to a Kindle or Nook?

Check out Bookbub....they have lots of free books daily, and I remember recently there was a Caribbean series on there.

I have so many books on my Kindle right now (over 300), I doubt I will ever get to all of them, but I will make the effort..LOL

There are a couple of books by Ann Vanderhoof, who ditched it all to sail the Caribbean with her husband. They are An Embarrassment of Mangoes and The Spice Necklace, My Adventures in Caribbean Cooking, Eating, and Island Life. I found them funny and engaging, and although there's a focus on food, she also describes culture and the interesting people that they meet as they travel from island to island. I found both books great reads, and would be ideal for a Caribbean cruise.

Another good one for a cruise, and I'm surprised no one's mentioned it, is Cruise Confidential, a story about an American guy, Brian David Bruns, who worked on a cruise ship. I see on Amazon that there's also a sequel called Ship for Brains that I might just pick up for my next cruise.

Thank You for starting this thread - I love to read and glad for all the recommendations - Corkey Carol

I set up my Kindle with a wide variety of both new reads and the wonderful free reads offered from Amazon.

Good old series:

I read everything from Biography's to serial killers. I use Amazon and the public library for ebooks. Free reading for your ereader

Hi Linda: We meet again ... I also order from Amazon for my Kindle and have so much in that library that I'll never run of books to enjoy - I order from Book Bub too - I love mysteries where the sleuths are the "young" elderlys... I'll have to get the name and titles of a series I just ordered - the main character is 84 yrs old and right now I am on the first book and he's on a cruise ship trying to solve a murder mystery.

Will come back with the titles and author ...

Corkey Carol

Thank You for starting this thread - I love to read and glad for all the recommendations - Corkey Carol

Good old series:

I read everything from Biography's to serial killers. I use Amazon and the public library for ebooks. Free reading for your ereader

Hi Linda: We meet again ... I also order from Amazon for my Kindle and have so much in that library that I'll never run of books to enjoy - I order from Book Bub too - I love mysteries where the sleuths are the "young" elderlys... I'll have to get the name and titles of a series I just ordered - the main character is 84 yrs old and right now I am on the first book and he's on a cruise ship trying to solve a murder mystery.

Will come back with the titles and author ...

Corkey Carol

I am going to have to live past 100 to read everything on my kindle and also stop continually adding to my local library hold list (I have to go every week and pick up more holds that have arrived). My reading addiction is so bad of have piles of books I own and still have not read. I naively thought I would I would catch up when I retired but alas that will never happen! LOL :D

I am going to have to live past 100 to read everything on my kindle and also stop continually adding to my local library hold list (I have to go every week and pick up more holds that have arrived). My reading addiction is so bad of have piles of books I own and still have not read. I naively thought I would I would catch up when I retired but alas that will never happen! LOL :D

You and Me both -- I love the cute stories from Book Bub that are either free or very very cheap, then I buy them all if they come in a series - I read til about 2am at night - paperwhite Kindle so as not to disturb Hubby since he always used to complain about the lamp being on and it was bright - How would He know if he's snoring? ha! ha! that is a mystery itself!!

Linda - let me give you my email since we are almost neighbors -

and just in case we run into each other in our neighboring towns:

carfieldtnepo at Comcast dot net

Carol

You and Me both -- I love the cute stories from Book Bub that are either free or very very cheap, then I buy them all if they come in a series - I read til about 2am at night - paperwhite Kindle so as not to disturb Hubby since he always used to complain about the lamp being on and it was bright - How would He know if he's snoring? ha! ha! that is a mystery itself!!

Linda - let me give you my email since we are almost neighbors -

and just in case we run into each other in our neighboring towns:

carfieldtnepo at Comcast dot net

Carol

At least he doesn't say like my husband that it is not him it is the cat! :) Sent you my email.