2 very different Cheers experiences!

GROUCHPUSS

I was on the Magic 10-26-14 sailing and the Victory 11-6-14 sailing. When I trying to buy a drink for someone else so it did not go against my cheers count on the Magic I was not allowed to on more than on occasion and was told it was I was only allowed to buy for someone that had cheers. But I could buy bottles of Wine or any drink over $10 without any issue. On the Victory there was never a problem buying drinks and not having them count against your cheers count. I sure wish Carnival would get it polices straight a crossed the fleet.

That's ridiculous, especially since you were trying to pay for it and not get a drink for someone else on your Cheers plan! I think their policy of everyone in the cabin (of age) having to purchase one is ridiculous too! My sister & I went on our first Carnival cruise this year and she's a drinker and I'm not and she had to pay by the drink. (might have been cheaper for her to buy 1 for both of us and use mine!!!) Celebrity allows individual drink packages no matter how many are in the cabin.

That's ridiculous, especially since you were trying to pay for it and not get a drink for someone else on your Cheers plan! I think their policy of everyone in the cabin (of age) having to purchase one is ridiculous too! My sister & I went on our first Carnival cruise this year and she's a drinker and I'm not and she had to pay by the drink. (might have been cheaper for her to buy 1 for both of us and use mine!!!) Celebrity allows individual drink packages no matter how many are in the cabin.

Carnival makes everyone buy it because too many people that sail Carnival would buy it and share the drinks. There are posts on here that show people have found work arounds so they can do that. I don't think that as many people on other lines do it.

I wish there were a plan where we could buy 15 drinks or whatever and anyone could use them. I know the whole thing with Cheers is that most people won't drink 15 drinks a day, but there are some who are definitely going to be sure to get their money's worth and come hell or high-water, they will get 15 drinks a day. I really believe that too many of these people caused the prices to go back up.

We had it on our Liberty cruise at the rate of $37.50 plus grats a day and it was worth it as I like Pina Colada type drinks so even drinking less than 8 a day, I was still ahead. I don't know that it is worth it to us to pay the higher rate as DH drinks rum and coke or screwdrivers which are cheaper. We will make up our minds when we get on the ship.

I don't think the average person could/would drink 15 drinks per day for 7 straight days. I think Carnival is counting on much less than that. If they expected 15 drinks to be sold at $49.95 per day they would be losing money. No way they going to let happen.

We were going to buy cheers at $37.50 but when it went back up we were out.

I guess each ship is ran by a manager who sets the standards for the ship. it is interesting the subtle and not so subtle differences between the ships.