123 go

nodandade

i was wondering why celebrity does not offer the free "123 go" packages on sailings of transpacific and transatlantic.i know there are a large amount of sea days on these trips, but if they say it is because passengers are on board more and therefor will drink more, then i don't think that is a valid point.the considered age bracket on these sailings mean that most (not all) passengers are of a more mature (in both age and mind) nature and therefor do not tend to overindulge (most not all).as passengers on these cruises pay just as much as passengers on other cruises (most not all)i find it difficult to fathom this out.

i would imagine that the cruise companies alcohol bill would be more on say a 10 day cruise around Australia with a port call everyday with a different age group (30-50years +18-30years) over the cruise from Sydney to Hawaii (18 days) with 11 sea days in it. thank you

as passengers on these cruises pay just as much as passengers on other cruises (most not all)i find it difficult to fathom this out.

In my experience, repositioning cruises are generally priced significantly lower on a per-day basis than the standard seasonal itineraries, plus the low number of port stops reduces excursion revenue.

Until recently, the cruise lines had to deeply discount the fares for the transatlantics. My first transatlantic cost me $1,000 p.p. for a Concierge balcony on the Solstice. In April, I paid $900 for a balcony on Silhouette. People won't pay big bucks for the cruise when they have to pay big bucks going/coming home from Europe. That's why they greatly lowered the obc for the cruises also. As far as the 123Go package, with a minimum of 7 1/2 sea days just for the crossover, imagine the drinks they would go through.

if they say it is because passengers are on board more and therefor will drink more, then i don't think that is a valid point.the considered age bracket on these sailings mean that most (not all) passengers are of a more mature (in both age and mind) nature and therefor do not tend to overindulge (most not all).

Lol, I'd have to disagree. These more mature passengers you mention can and do out drink a lot of the younger ones. Not all but just get on a ship and see who is holding court in the bars :) Not a thing wrong with it just an observation.

But I agree with the reasons above. These cruises are discounted pretty good already,

The drinks packages are still priced the same per diem on TAs as other cruises, aren't they? So the argument that people will drink more makes no sense. It has to be that the cabin fares on TAs have to seem to be rock bottom to get people to book, and they do this by stripping out as many cost factors as they can. Then you add them back and end up paying what Celebrity needed to clear for the cruise.

i was wondering why celebrity does not offer the free "123 go" packages on sailings of transpacific and transatlantic.i know there are a large amount of sea days on these trips, but if they say it is because passengers are on board more and therefor will drink more, then i don't think that is a valid point.the considered age bracket on these

Uh, yeah. Captive audience and no sea days. I don't buy the demographics argument as cruise lines know exactly our habits I.e. Profit centers.

They bank on us thinking the drink packages are a value when they are truly not. Except in our mind.

thank you for your replies

I did not factor in the cheaper up front fare,although it is costing $4000.00 per person for my wife and I in an aqua cabin for the 18 day / 17 night cruise to Hawaii on the solstice.

I have purchased a premium package some 9 months ago for this cruise,(my wife does not drink)so I am not complaining, just wanted to know some reasons

thanks

i was wondering why celebrity does not offer the free "123 go" packages on sailings of transpacific and transatlantic.i know there are a large amount of sea days on these trips, but if they say it is because passengers are on board more and therefor will drink more, then i don't think that is a valid point.the considered age bracket on these sailings mean that most (not all) passengers are of a more mature (in both age and mind) nature and therefor do not tend to overindulge (most not all).as passengers on these cruises pay just as much as passengers on other cruises (most not all)i find it difficult to fathom this out.

i would imagine that the cruise companies alcohol bill would be more on say a 10 day cruise around Australia with a port call everyday with a different age group (30-50years +18-30years) over the cruise from Sydney to Hawaii (18 days) with 11 sea days in it. thank you

I called yesterday - booked a 13 night Aquaclass transatlantic - was told no free Grats BUT - we were given the Classic drinks package - and can upgrade it to premium for $11.5 per day pp.

Delighted! Price was awesome AND combined with the drinks package - no brainer - deposit paid!:)

I called yesterday - booked a 13 night Aquaclass transatlantic - was told no free Grats BUT - we were given the Classic drinks package - and can upgrade it to premium for $11.5 per day pp.

Delighted! Price was awesome AND combined with the drinks package - no brainer - deposit paid!:)

Hi Blondie,

Which sailing is this for? We're looking at a TA and just sort of resigned ourselves that the Beverage Package is never offered on them. If this is some sort of inside promo that Celebrity is offering we'd like to take advantage!

Thanks, Jason

Hi Blondie,

Which sailing is this for? We're looking at a TA and just sort of resigned ourselves that the Beverage Package is never offered on them. If this is some sort of inside promo that Celebrity is offering we'd like to take advantage!

Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason

Equinox - Oct 27th 2015 ex Barcelona -

But I was offered it on Reflection also

Only 1 choice though of the 123 - we took the drinks package and upgrading to premium for $11.5 per day.

Bargain!!I had been watching this cruise just before I went on a cruise a few weeks ago - funny my travel agent had said the same, they never offer the 123 on TAs

They do!! :D

Hi Jason

Equinox - Oct 27th 2015 ex Barcelona -

But I was offered it on Reflection also

Only 1 choice though of the 123 - we took the drinks package and upgrading to premium for $11.5 per day.

Bargain!!I had been watching this cruise just before I went on a cruise a few weeks ago - funny my travel agent had said the same, they never offer the 123 on TAs

They do!! :D

Ah! The TA on Equinox for 2015 (we're booked on Eclipse for her TA) and looking to the Equinox for 2016!

Just to satisfy my own curiosity I may call them "and get a quote for October 2015" and see what's offered......😉

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app