To Celebrity Cruises.."official"

midwestchick

Unable to sign up for Summit, Sept. 6, 2015. The "search for a party" side opens with a statement in red saying sail date/ship are invalid. (This is before anything has been selected.)

When we input our reservation #, ship, and sail date, our names and e-mail come up. We check the names and submit, then another sign-up page comes up over and over with never a confirmation of registration.

That's the same problem EVERYONE else is having. Celebrity finally responded with a date that it will be fixed.

They will report back here when the issue is corrected - they said it would be about a week.

That's the same problem EVERYONE else is having. Celebrity finally responded with a date that it will be fixed.

They will report back here when the issue is corrected - they said it would be about a week.

DinaS -- thanks for being so persistent about this. I'm on Summit the week after you, and I've also reported problems finding/signing up for the connections party that week. Let's keep our fingers crossed that CelebrityCruises is right about when it will be fixed. :cool:

Calling these "meetings" a "party" is a bit of a stretch :p

Oh, I don't know...maybe it depends on the group and the time of day. :p ;)

It is a nice way to meet up with people you've been chatting with for months and who you may be doing some private excursions with. :D

That's correct....if we don't sign up prior to the cruise, there will not be a Connections party.

I'm hoping Celebrity Cruises responds soon.

Kinda hard to sign up and get 25 when system doesn't allow you to sign up. Can't believe that is Celebrity's goal though, so I would just keep calling till Celebrity can get issue fixed.

We had a roll call that kept getting deleted and we had to resign up at least twice over a 4 month period about 6 to 10 months out from sailing date. Good news for us was that the roll call was active and thus, when we had to 'sign up again', it was fairly easy to let everyone know.

Edited by shipshape sam

Kinda hard to sign up and get 25 when system doesn't allow you to sign up. Can't believe that is Celebrity's goal though, so I would just keep calling till Celebrity can get issue fixed.

We had a roll call that kept getting deleted and we had to resign up at least twice over a 4 month period about 6 to 10 months out from sailing date. Good news for us was that the roll call was active and thus, when we had to 'sign up again', it was fairly easy to let everyone know.

Yep -- we're having a hard time getting our Summit r/c off the ground. I don't think this Connections glitch is helping, either. I think if people try to sign up for the Party first, and get that "invalid sailing" error message, they might just skip the r/c altogether! :rolleyes:

Yep -- we're having a hard time getting our Summit r/c off the ground. I don't think this Connections glitch is helping, either. I think if people try to sign up for the Party first, and get that "invalid sailing" error message, they might just skip the r/c altogether! :rolleyes:

You are on the Summit right after us - I know you're having the same issues.

The good thing is that we've still got plenty of time, and Roll Calls have been known to pick up within a couple of months of the sail date.

I think most people will join the Roll Call anyway.

Heck - if Celebrity doesn't get their act together in time to do a Connections party for our sailing, I already have alternate plans.

I will simply plan our own little party :D

You are on the Summit right after us - I know you're having the same issues.

The good thing is that we've still got plenty of time, and Roll Calls have been known to pick up within a couple of months of the sail date.

I think most people will join the Roll Call anyway.

Heck - if Celebrity doesn't get their act together in time to do a Connections party for our sailing, I already have alternate plans.

I will simply plan our own little party :D

Thanks for the encouraging words, Dina. Right now, it's like leading cheers in an empty auditorium, over there. But, I'm sure that you're right -- things will pick up in a few months. :cool:

Thanks for the encouraging words, Dina. Right now, it's like leading cheers in an empty auditorium, over there. But, I'm sure that you're right -- things will pick up in a few months. :cool:

It is interesting that Celebrity is the only cruise line we have sailed on that requires a formal sign up on their site for a Cruise Critic meet and mingle. Celebrity requires us to use a website that does not work. We have been trying to sign up for months for our Feb 15 Reflection cruise. This is our first Celebrity cruise and the lousy website has left us wondering what the rest of the experience will be like. First impressions....

It is interesting that Celebrity is the only cruise line we have sailed on that requires a formal sign up on their site for a Cruise Critic meet and mingle. Celebrity requires us to use a website that does not work. We have been trying to sign up for months for our Feb 15 Reflection cruise. This is our first Celebrity cruise and the lousy website has left us wondering what the rest of the experience will be like. First impressions....

Azamara is another cruise line that has you formally register for their meet & mingle party. Once 25 people have signed up, they will provide the venue for the party and they serve nice appetizers and drinks....it does give them an idea of how many people will be attending.

Well the IT Dept. Fixed the problem. Time to do our happy dance. The April 8 2015 cruise can now register for the meet and mingle. Thanks Celebrity I knew you would not let us down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The IT department didn't fix anything for us. I just tried registering for our sailing - and still not happening.

The date isn't even showing as a valid sailing date. I even checked two dates AFTER ours - and nothing.

The IT department didn't fix anything for us. I just tried registering for our sailing - and still not happening.

The date isn't even showing as a valid sailing date. I even checked two dates AFTER ours - and nothing.

Hi there,

Our migration period has not finished. Please check again next week if you are still having issues.

I have tried to register for the past 4 months for our cruise on Feb 8. I called the Captains Club three times and was told that they would report the problem to the IT Dept. And that it would be fixed. I would try every other day with no results. I was so happy to see your post on the topic. I went on and same thing happened this morning. Then on our roll call this afternoon someone posted that they were able to sign up. I jumped on it right away and was able to register. Now several people have posted on roll call that they were able to do the same. I am sure that we will have the required number within a day. I don't know why they would have the problem with one cruise and not the other. I would think that the only way for them to know is for people like yourself reporting it. Thank you for reporting it and I hope that you will be able to register soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The folks on the roll calls before and after us have been posting that they are able to register for their connections party.

The Summit sailing on May 17, 2015 is STILL not working.

Why are there issues with ONE sailing, when the others are working just fine?

Is there something we should know about? Is the Summit going into dry dock, or do they have a private group taking the ship that week? It wouldn't be the first time a cruise was cancelled for either of those reasons.

Edited by DinaS

The folks on the roll calls before and after us have been posting that they are able to register for their connections party.

The Summit sailing on May 17, 2015 is STILL not working.

Why are there issues with ONE sailing, when the others are working just fine?

Dina -- I know that this is getting old for you, but have you (or anyone on your r/c) actually tried to sign up, in the last couple of days? The reason I ask, is that I just tried the "search for" a party, using your date (may 17, 2015). What I got was a message that no information was available for that party on that date. I got that message a week ago, for my Summit sailing (the week right after yours). So, I tried the sign-up function, and (viola!) it worked! Right after that, I went over and tried the "search for a party" function, and it then showed that two people (DH and me, apparently) had signed up. Before they fixed the sign-up, all I ever got was that "invalid sailing date" -- no matter what I tried.

So, you might want to try again -- and talk to the folks on your r/c to see if they have any success. Good luck -- and thanks again for your persistence in letting "the powers that be" at X know about this problem. :)

Dina -- I know that this is getting old for you, but have you (or anyone on your r/c) actually tried to sign up, in the last couple of days? The reason I ask, is that I just tried the "search for" a party, using your date (may 17, 2015). What I got was a message that no information was available for that party on that date. I got that message a week ago, for my Summit sailing (the week right after yours). So, I tried the sign-up function, and (viola!) it worked! Right after that, I went over and tried the "search for a party" function, and it then showed that two people (DH and me, apparently) had signed up. Before they fixed the sign-up, all I ever got was that "invalid sailing date" -- no matter what I tried.

So, you might want to try again -- and talk to the folks on your r/c to see if they have any success. Good luck -- and thanks again for your persistence in letting "the powers that be" at X know about this problem. :)

Please let me preface this by saying I appreciate your help, and your post :)

Whenever I post in here that I cannot register, I always (and I mean ALWAYS) try again JUST BEFORE I post.

I generally try every couple of days.

I appear to be expecting a miracle that never comes.

No one on our roll call has been able to register.

Please let me preface this by saying I appreciate your help, and your post :)

Whenever I post in here that I cannot register, I always (and I mean ALWAYS) try again JUST BEFORE I post.

I generally try every couple of days.

I appear to be expecting a miracle that never comes.

No one on our roll call has been able to register.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Dina! :( Hope they get it fixed soon.