Marijuana in Smoking Areas of Celebrity

BayAreaBC

All of Celebrity's ships are registered in Malta, and are thus bound to their laws. Marijuana is illegal in Malta, thus it is also illegal onboard Celebrity ships while in international waters. While sailing within US territorial waters, ships are also subject to Federal law which also prohibits marijuana.

Since marijuana is legal in Seattle and Alaska, if I smoke marijuana in the smoking areas of Celebrity will anyone object? I'm considering booking an Alaska cruise.

I suspect not since the smell is much more pleasant than cigarettes or cigars but I don't know if Celebrity has a policy about it or not.

I would address your question to Celebrity directly since you are only asking about onboard conduct. Unless someone has actually experienced the circumstances of your question, all you really get here are opinions.

PS: I find the aroma of fresh marijuana very pleasant, but really don't care for the smoke.

Edited by sasset

I would address your question to Celebrity directly since you are only asking about onboard conduct. Unless someone has actually experienced the circumstances of your question, all you really get here are opinions.

I have experience dealing with jurisdictional disputes regarding international shipping for the US Federal government. Honestly, most cruise line representatives on the front lines of customer service have no clue about these sorts of issues, so I doubt they'd be of much help.

You can buy it legally in Seattle.

I'm in SF and routinely see it smoked openly. It's only a matter of time until it's legal everywhere.

Nope, not true. And unless you have a cannabis card you still can't possess it many places in the Bay Area. And if you bring more than for personal use, the authorities may decide that you are possessing it for purposes of sale :)

Cigarette, cigar or weed, it still involves other people's personal space

no smoking means no smoking, weather you smoke skunk or purple,

I really don't want to breathe the pollutants

Also, it is pretty hard to get around the federal laws as many here have already mentioned :rolleyes:

Cigarette, cigar or weed, it still involves other people's personal space no smoking means no smoking, weather you smoke skunk or purple,

I really don't want to breathe the pollutants

Also, it is pretty hard to get around the federal laws as many here have already mentioned :rolleyes:

The OP was asking about smoking in a designated smoking area.

The OP was asking about smoking in a designated smoking area.

Yes. Thank you :rolleyes:

and I have experienced smelling other's smoke from their designated area when it wafted into a non-designated area, My balcony I could smell the smoke

Up on my deck 11 balcony from the 5th deck designated area

Believe it or not, the smell of smoke travels :eek: