!!! BIMINI SUPERFAST !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Like I said we had no idea what we were doing. All I knew was that we had arrived at the beach area. The beach area was really nice with a restaurant and whatnot. We saw a bunch of golf carts parked there and I asked mom what do we do. She looked at me with the same question I had myself. Once the tram stopped, we saw the masses running to grad a golf cart. It was then that we knew that golf carts were a commodity that Gambee should have. So of course I ran and sat one, of course I sat on a broken one so they gave us another one. I want to say that most of the carts were gone with that first tram, if not, almost all of them. The way this works is that you sit down and then someone approaches you and asks for $40 for a small one, or $60 for a big one. No one asks for anything else, no license, no name, no documents, no nothing. They simply want $$$ and you’re free to go. I LOVED IT!!! ONCE AGAIN SUPERFAST!!!!

untitled-340_zps3b810d13.jpg

With cart in hand we decided to once again follow the masses. I drove behind two other carts.

Drove by a pool.

untitled-344_zpsfdb71e4c.jpg

Then by a marina.

untitled-345_zps23dfab7e.jpg

untitled-346_zps8eb908c4.jpg

untitled-358_zps82919123.jpg

We drove by this place, but I knew we had to come back. I love local shacks.

untitled-359_zps34504fc3.jpg

But for the time being I was simply following the 2 carts in front of us, and I did not feel like getting lost.

untitled-360_zpsb534c179.jpg

untitled-362_zps510e6966.jpg

untitled-363_zps1333c291.jpg

LoL, not tired of mega ships, we were just looking for something fast for a day off. We are thinking of Regal Princess for our next in March.

The ship did move quite a bit!

Oh Gambee, DH and I are on the Regal Princess in March!! What fun it would be to sail with you and your mom! :D We are taking the March 15h voyage on the eastern route.

Thank you very much for a great review with wonderful photos, I really enjoy it. When we sailed on the MSC Divina in August I did see the Bimini Superfast arriving Miami just before we sailed. Here is a photo taken from the cabin balcony on the MSC Divina:

20140823_195302_zps7669aaae.jpg

I was curious about this ship and the minicruises to Bahamas. You have given me insight, thanks:)

The SuperFast Bimini have one sistership sailing in France for Brittany Ferries, the Cap Finistre. They were both built in Germany in 2001 for the Greek ferry line Superfast Ferries.

Oh Gambee, DH and I are on the Regal Princess in March!! What fun it would be to sail with you and your mom! :D We are taking the March 15h voyage on the eastern route.

I am afraid we are looking at the week after your sailing :(, its the only time that I can match my vacation with mom's.

Thank you very much for a great review with wonderful photos, I really enjoy it. When we sailed on the MSC Divina in August I did see the Bimini Superfast arriving Miami just before we sailed. Here is a photo taken from the cabin balcony on the MSC Divina:

I was curious about this ship and the minicruises to Bahamas. You have given me insight, thanks:)

The SuperFast Bimini have one sistership sailing in France for Brittany Ferries, the Cap Finistre. They were both built in Germany in 2001 for the Greek ferry line Superfast Ferries.

Great picture, thank you for posting it. Glad you're enjoying the information, there is rarely any out there in the internet.

Hi Gambee, nice to see you back with another great picture review. I've seen this ship in Miami and wondered what it was all about; now I know. :D I love the colour of the water, too. :)

Heather

Hello Heather, nice to see you here again. Hope you like the second half of the review as well.

untitled-369_zps6ff1039f.jpg

We crossed the entirety of the town and got to the end of the island. I don't have any pics of the town, but as you can expect it is a poor town and the buildings are likewise. I did feel some sort of insecurity at one point. We stopped at a little market for my mom to get some Bimini trinket for our wall of travels and while I was parked waiting for my mom, 2 guys walked separately spotting what I had with me. It was clear that they were looking at the bag and camera, coming from Colombia I know when someone is spotting something to steal it. He did not stand a chance, the bag was tied to my leg and I grab that camera like it was my heart. There was a cop nearby, and a few drove while we were there.

I am not saying that it is unsafe, but all I am saying is to keep an eye on your stuff, if anything just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, at the end of the island is an amazing place to take pictures. The setting is unreal, very rustic. It actually reminded me a remote area in San Andres, Colombia. You have to go there!!!

I will let the pictures to the talking.

untitled-369_zps6ff1039f.jpg

Oh, I forgot!!!! This was the first time in my life that I drove on the left side of the road!!! It takes a little getting used to it. At times I would switch back and then realize it, lol. NOT SAFE ;) :D

untitled-373_zps77fa0df7.jpg

It was a good thing we got there before everyone, when we were leaving it was packed!

untitled-440_zps4921d89c.jpg

We drove back into town and stopped at the market. Like I said here is where the 2 guys were trying to spot my belongings.

untitled-441_zpsa028e1f6.jpg

Mom bought a magnet that had the word Bimini written with black marker. I am not entire sure why she bought it, I could have done one prettier than that, lol. She wanted to buy a shirt, but no one was there to help her, so we left.

We also stopped in another good viewing area, you could see the ship from there.

untitled-443_zps43580e26.jpg

untitled-445_zpsdf317808.jpg

untitled-454_zps76a20f83.jpg

untitled-455_zps9b6ba241.jpg

We were pretty hungry by then so we decided to go and try that place that I had spotted earlier. It is mainly a conch salad, lobster salad, and conch fritters place. It is supposed to be famous and he told us that people wait 3 hours for one of his famous salads. Well, here is the thing, we were #3 in line and we waited 45 minutes for a lobster salad $15. The problem you ask? Like my professor says “He works on island time”, LoL, Plain and simple. He does not have anything prepared and he talks his lungs out, to just about anyone who walks by his shack.

We had no problem waiting, I really wanted to try out the lobster salad. So we parked our car and waited.

I really wanted grilled fish, but they didn't have any that day.

untitled-485_zps990e7fe6.jpg

untitled-484_zps73ee3baf.jpg

untitled-463_zps4982540b.jpg

Mom still waiting, together with the other people. He was really nice though, he was trying to bribe the kid into eating tomato in exchange for free lobster. The kid licked the tomato, that’s as far as he got. He still got free lobster though, nice guy.

untitled-478_zpsf6ddcc68.jpg

untitled-479_zpsf1744419.jpg

More people arrived.

untitled-480_zps012946eb.jpg

untitled-482_zps3479e1dc.jpg

untitled-483_zps8a3509f2.jpg

untitled-486_zpscc673aa4.jpg

More people arriving.

untitled-487_zps7edd547e.jpg

While I waited this truck came by, it was ridiculous. You see the guy there, he would just bend over whenever he approached an electric line. That has to qualify as one of the most dangerous jobs!

untitled-488_zps39a98ce2.jpg

untitled-489_zpsfa0d2c51.jpg

By the way, due to the construction, the island is a bit dusty.

untitled-490_zps439cd5a6.jpg