What excursions do you reccomend in Cozumel and Grand Cayman?

loka38

Try to choose an excursion that includes a visit to Stingray city (sandbar where stingrays gather). It was great!

We booked a tour with Cpt. Bryan's. Go to the Grand Cayman boards for further ideas.

On Cozumel, We went to the Palmer Beach Club (coupons available on www.cozumelinsider.com) and snorkled. the beach club is across from Dzul Ha which as great snorkeling.

I did the Stingray and Island tour with Nativeway: http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/shiptours.html

Unfortunately, I cancelled my Tolum Ruins excursion with the cruiseline when my traveling companion (my sister) had to cancel at the last minute - thinking I would have "ruin overload." Therefore, all I did in Cozumel was shop...and that was a major waste of my time.

Cozumel has so much to do and not enough time. No problem finding things there. Grand Cayman if you haven't done the stingrays it is a LAW you have to do those while there!! hehe

Go to the destination boards and read read read!!!! I do that and take down some notes before pinning it down to one or two things. Whatever time allows. But remember GC has a tender and it takes a bit of your time.

We booked Ocho Rios excursion with Phil, we want to know what we can do in Cozumel and Grand Cayman?
Hola loka,

What are YOUR interest? Coz has anything and everything. You can snorkel at Dzul Ha or Chankanaab on your own. Book a boat trip to Palanacar Reef. Go to Paradise or one of the private beach clubs if you want to loaf. Take a tour of the ruins or a custom island tour. We have been to Coz 3 times with another trip on the planning board. We've done something different each time and have not been disapointed yet. As for the Caymans, we are going in January. I am booking the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour with Nativeway. Everyone says that it is a "must do". I chose Nativeway because of the lenght of the tour, but I have seen rave reviews for other companies as well. Weather is the only thing that can put a damper on a trip and it would have to be a major blow to keep us away. I can have fun at a funeral.:D

And you have to try the food in Coz. Check out www.cozumelmycozumel.com or www.cozumelinsider.com. Lots of good stuff there.

In Cozumel we booked a horse riding tour and loved it. We're not good riders by any stretch and they managed to find a horse for everyone's level of ability - or non ability. :)

They took us for walk around the island and Mayan ruins. It was really a lot of fun.

Jane

The Dune Buggies in Cozumel (not the Jeep tour) is fabulous! We would do it again in a heartbeat!! Buggying, beach, snorkel, lunch ruins and beer all rolled into an adventurous day!!! Great time.

Gotta do Stingray city at least once in Grand Cayman. Snorkeling of one kind or another is an absolute must in the Cayman Islands. Some of the best in the world!!

We also did the stingray tour through Nativeway at www.nativewaywatersports.com and loved it! You have to swim in the ocean with these gentle but affectionate creatures! And at only $30 per person, the price can't be beat! The tour also includes some very good snorkeling around beautiful black coral.:)

In Cozumel we always get a little beach time in since there are no beaches near us. We always go to Paradise beach which is free to enter and has free lounge chairs with umbrellas for shade, a nice restaurant with good prices, beachside food and beverage service, free hammocks, freshwater showers, and clean restrooms. Chankanaab and most other beaches costs $12 per person to enter but they do have much better snorkeling. I guess it's according to what you prefer to do. Also, for a one time fee of $5 you can use all of Paradise beaches water toys for the entire time you're there. This includes the climbing iceberg, the water trampoline, the floatie mats, kayaks, and snorkel gear. For someone who doesn't get to see the beach very often, this truly is a Paradise beach.;)

We did stingray city through RCC and it was terrific... and definitely do

Paradise Beach if you are going beaching on Cozumel-- terrific-- clean and you don't have to worry about the food or water-- its a $12 cab ride for 4 and no admission to the beautiful beach.. wish I was going again :);)

We booked Ocho Rios excursion with Phil, we want to know what we can do in Cozumel and Grand Cayman?

I can only tell you what I did . . . and loved. I swam with dolphins in Cozumel and snorkled with stingrays in Grand Cayman. Both were fantastic!

thanks for the info ...def. got to check out the websites.

Got to see what the other chicas want to do. I love snorkeling and wanted an encounter with the dolphins but might be too pricey (dolphins is pricey).

thanks for the info ...def. got to check out the websites.

Got to see what the other chicas want to do. I love snorkeling and wanted an encounter with the dolphins but might be too pricey (dolphins is pricey).

Swimming with the dolphins is expensive but . . . the memories are priceless. It's a once in a life experience and if you do decided to do it . . . do the swim (not the encounter). :p

We did the stingray excursion with Captain Marvins...has a website. He was awesome and inexpensive! Went to three different places...two to snorkel and the sandbar with the stingrays.

In Cozumel, we usually go shopping and then go to Chankanaab Park. Great place to spend the day.

In Coz, make sure you go to Los Cincos Soles to shop. Very nice place and next to it is Pancho's Backyard for wonderful mexican food!! They also have a restaurant at CHankanaab on the beach.

Have fun! GC stingray excursion was the highlight of our trip!

Great ideas. I will also use this information for my cruise. Are there a lot of things to do if you don't swim as much or not at all. I have been looking at Shore excursions.com is that good or bad or should my group check elsewere.

I didn't really like the submarine thing in Grand Cayman, too pricey, nothing much to see, goes too fast. Going to hell was silly, the rum cake factory was another downer. In Grand Cayman we should have spent our precious time on the beach enjoying the water. There are amazing beaches within walking distance of the port and I suspect the further you go away from the port the better it gets. Unbelievable clear water and white sandy beaches.

Cozumel, we went to the beach at the national park near the cruise ship port and we had a great time. We had our daughter with us 4 yo at the time.

I'm a beach girl, can you tell?!

Like many others, in Grand Cayman we did the Stingray City and snorkeling (two separate stops) with Captain Marvin's. It was much less expensive than booking through the cruise line and a group of 15 instead of 50+. They took a lot of time with each person to help them feed the stingrays if they wanted, we all got stingray backrubs, and a chance to kiss a 'ray. We got back on the boat and went to another site to snorkle. They took the time to find a reef with tons of fish, etc., to see.

I have been to Grand Cayman twice and used Captain Marvins. They are wonderful. The first trip, we went with them to Stingray City, Hell and the Turtle Farm. When we went back to GC, we used Captain Marvins again to go to Stingray city since the friends we were with had never been. The cruise ships canceled their Stingray City trips because they thought the water was too rough. But, we were still able to go with Captain Marvins and had a great time.

In Cozemul, I used Eagle Ray Divers to book our dune buggy safari. It was so much fun! There are 4 people in a Dune buggy and you travel to the other side of the island. It also included lunch on a beach. We still had time to go to Senor Frogs and do a little shopping before boarding the ship.

Archived