Tell Me If You've Stayed at the Tahitian Inn

Yvonne

I saw a couple recommendations here for the Tahitian Inn when sailing out of Tampa, and after looking at reviews from Trip Advisor I decided to book that hotel for our pre-cruise night in February. Now I'm not sure about keeping the reservation as I had a TERRIBLE time getting the reservation straightened out. I booked 2 rooms on-line and received 2 confirmations right when I booked. I thought we were all set. The next day I got an e-mail confirmation for ONE of the two rooms, with a DIFFERENT confirmation number. So, I e-mailed them asking about it and got a response back that they only had ONE room reserved under my name. Hmmmmm, how can that be when I have TWO separate confirmation numbers? So, I e-mailed back and explained more and after four days of no response from them I finally called yesterday. The young man (Ty) that I spoke with had no idea how I got the two original confirmations as he said "those are not our confirmation numbers." I told him the one room reservation was good, but I still needed a second room with 3 adults in it. He made the reservation, and sent me an e-mail confirmation. It said 2 adults. At the bottom it says they only honor their original confirmation, so since it said only 2 adults and not 3 I called back. Ty was of no help at all, said he couldn't generate a new e-mail confirmation after he changed it to 3 adults so I asked to speak to the manager. She made the change for me and sent me a corrected e-mail.

But, with all this hassle in getting rooms reserved I'm just concerned they won't have reservations for us when we get there. I really have an uneasy feeling. :(

So, if you've stayed here please let me know how your experience was and if you had any trouble with your reservations.

I'm just wondering if I should find a different hotel and completely cancel at Tahitian Inn, or at the very least have several other hotel/phone numbers written down "just in case."

We stayed there in Dec 2011, so it's been a while.

We didn't have any problems with the reservation, but the package (confirmed by phone) we booked said we'd get a free shuttle - airport to hotel, hotel to port, then port back to hotel (where we planned to do a day stay since we had a late flight), then hotel to airport. First parts pre-cruise were fine, but they wouldn't do the pick up from port - so we ended up putting together a plan B, went to the aquarium and the ship nearby and then caught a shuttle to the airport.

Hotel itself was ok, breakfast was ok, just wish they had kept their word. If we cruise out of Tampa again, I'll probably look into other options.

Always ;-)

Hunzi

We always stay there when we cruise out of Tampa, and will be staying there 1 week from Saturday. I booked 4 rooms, 2 doubles, 1 triple, and 1 quad and had no issues. got 4 different res emails. Honestly I wouldn't let this mix up stop you from staying there. it is clean hotel, nice pool area, and a good restaurant. Be sure to sign up for the cruise shuttle as soon as you get there as they fill up the early ones fast. When we get off the ship around 9ish they are always there by the parking garage waiting for us. it is usually the same person and they are always kind and helpful.

Hope this helps.

We stayed there in Dec 2011, so it's been a while.

We didn't have any problems with the reservation, but the package (confirmed by phone) we booked said we'd get a free shuttle - airport to hotel, hotel to port, then port back to hotel (where we planned to do a day stay since we had a late flight), then hotel to airport. First parts pre-cruise were fine, but they wouldn't do the pick up from port - so we ended up putting together a plan B, went to the aquarium and the ship nearby and then caught a shuttle to the airport.

Hotel itself was ok, breakfast was ok, just wish they had kept their word. If we cruise out of Tampa again, I'll probably look into other options.

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it. I do think their website now says their shuttle will only pick up AFTER the cruise if you have parked your car at their hotel.

We always stay there when we cruise out of Tampa, and will be staying there 1 week from Saturday. I booked 4 rooms, 2 doubles, 1 triple, and 1 quad and had no issues. got 4 different res emails. Honestly I wouldn't let this mix up stop you from staying there. it is clean hotel, nice pool area, and a good restaurant. Be sure to sign up for the cruise shuttle as soon as you get there as they fill up the early ones fast. When we get off the ship around 9ish they are always there by the parking garage waiting for us. it is usually the same person and they are always kind and helpful.

Hope this helps.

I like knowing you have stayed there more than once, so appreciate your information. I do want to still stay at the Tahitian, but it just makes me nervous about having so much trouble with the reservations. I love their pool area and the restaurant sounds great too, and the cafe the next morning for breakfast. I did ask for "quiet rooms" as far away from the pool area as possible as I read on some Trip Advisor reviews that the pool area can be quite noisy late into the night. :)