Restaurants and tables

DevonianCruiser

Hi all

For our late booked cruise in a couple of weeks we get our dinner times when we get onboard. Apparently 2nd sitting is full at the moment so we were told that it would be most likely we'd be on 1st which we would prefer. Just wonder are we most likely to be on a table for just 2, or will it be more likely 6 or 8? Have dined on our own before and with others so happy with whatever were given, just interested to know.

Also someone told me the speciality restaurants get booked up early and are hard to get tables when on the ship, is there any truth in that as I've never had a problem with any other cruise line? We did both East and The White Room online for the first week, just wondering if we should book the second too (if the menu changes) or wait until onboard?

:)

Hi all

For our late booked cruise in a couple of weeks we get our dinner times when we get onboard. Apparently 2nd sitting is full at the moment so we were told that it would be most likely we'd be on 1st which we would prefer. Just wonder are we most likely to be on a table for just 2, or will it be more likely 6 or 8? Have dined on our own before and with others so happy with whatever were given, just interested to know.

Also someone told me the speciality restaurants get booked up early and are hard to get tables when on the ship, is there any truth in that as I've never had a problem with any other cruise line? We did both East and The White Room online for the first week, just wondering if we should book the second too (if the menu changes) or wait until onboard?

:)[/QOUTE

With a late booked cruise you probably saved enough to dine in White and East for the duration of the cruise. Sometimes in Whites they offer a free bottle of wine per couple to dine at first sitting. Thereby table problem solved.;)

When I have gone saver fare and requested a table for 2 I have never got one:( I seem to always be put on a table for 8 (not that I am antisocial - it just depends on who I am travelling with, if its the husband table for 2, the husband and kids table for 4, with Mother table for 8)

Edited by HellouB

I am hoping for freedom dining, one of the reasons's we picked Ventura was it has 2 freedom dining rooms not one like other ships so more chance of getting freedom.

Worst one we could be allocated would be early so hoping it's not that, we are boarding on the 5th if given fixed dining will be first in the queue to hopefully get it changed.

If we cannot change then we will just have to accept that we got a good deal