What are benefits for getting a spa stateroom on Magic?

GoingPlacesSoon

You get spa access, which means you get to use the pool and special saunas. You don't need to make appointments, just scan your card and walk in. As for appointments those are needed for spa services like massages, waxings, etc... They are extra but you get priority when making appointments.

Also you get two free classes, a nicer robe and a private elevator to access the spa.

Note, the pool isn't really a pool in the conventional sense. It's more like a gigantic hot tub with mineral water.

There is also a really cool shower in the sauna area, it's not private at all but it's very nice. It's meant to be used to cool off after sauna use.

As for the regular showers and the fitness center they are open to anyone. The spa cabins give you access to a locked set of doors.

You can also get discounted spa treatments on port days.......

In your cabin are two pairs of spa slippers, the linen spray, and a set of sample-sized Elemis toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion)....but the regular dispenser is still on the wall in the shower.

I believe you also get a free consultation with the spa doc.....so they can tell you in the nicest way possible why you need the latest cosmetic fillers...... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Can you still pay for the access once on board without booking a spa cabin? I thought I remember reading that at some point.

Yes you can, weekly passes for individuals and couples are available, daily passes too but those depend on how many weekly passes are sold, spa cabins filled, etc. Day passes may not be available.

You should get a weekly pass very soon after boarding as these are limited, again based on spa cabins booked, etc...

Soon after boarding go by the spa and see if you want one or not.

Thanks! Any idea roughly how much these costs? Trying to decide if I need to upgrade my cabin or just pay for the pass.

Yes you can, weekly passes for individuals and couples are available, daily passes too but those depend on how many weekly passes are sold, spa cabins filled, etc. Day passes may not be available.

You should get a weekly pass very soon after boarding as these are limited, again based on spa cabins booked, etc...

Soon after boarding go by the spa and see if you want one or not.

Thanks! Any idea roughly how much these costs? Trying to decide if I need to upgrade my cabin or just pay for the pass.

No I don't know for sure but this was posted in August. First # is individual and second is couple. This was quoted from the Dream Cloud 9.

6-day sailing $139 $239

7-day sailing $149 $249

8-day sailing $159 $268

Also initially we were going to get the pass and have a cove balcony but ultimately decided we would just get the spa cabin, avoid possibly not getting a weekly pass and be closer to the spa for the convenience and not have to hike up 11 decks to access the spa.

Edited by legion3

Thanks again so much for the information!

Daughter and sil got the week spa pass last Nov. on the Dream. They paid $250 for it. Loved it. When we booked the Dream again we got a spa interior for $190 more than regular interior. So we saved $60 on the spa room. Loved being so close to the spa. Everything was wonderful.

Yeah, I love the location of our room on the Lido deck and it is too expensive to upgrade to the last available Spa balcony room - almost $500. So I definitely will look into the pass when we arrive.

Daughter and sil got the week spa pass last Nov. on the Dream. They paid $250 for it. Loved it. When we booked the Dream again we got a spa interior for $190 more than regular interior. So we saved $60 on the spa room. Loved being so close to the spa. Everything was wonderful.

DH and I are cruise with my parents in October. Can my Mom and I get a couples pass even though she is in one cabin and I am in another? DH won't care but my Mom and I would love to do that.

What is included with the pass? We will be on the Conquest.

Has anyone ever seen a wheelchair by the SPA pool? I'm just wondering if someone with limited mobility can use that pool.

I guess what I'm asking is: Are there steps and railing to get in and out, or is it a ladder to get in and out?

Nana cruises with me and can never use the Lido pools because there is no railing to use to balance and pull her self out, just the ladders. We can sit on the edge and dangle our feet. So I'm wondering if this Spa pool has an easier way in and out.

Thanks!!

Edited by LambKnuckles

Has anyone ever seen a wheelchair by the SPA pool? I'm just wondering if someone with limited mobility can use that pool.

I guess what I'm asking is: Are there steps and railing to get in and out, or is it a ladder to get in and out?

Nana cruises with me and can never use the Lido pools because there is no railing to use to balance and pull her self out, just the ladders. We can sit on the edge and dangle our feet. So I'm wondering if this Spa pool has an easier way in and out.

Thanks!!

Hi Lambie...this nice woman took photos and it looks like there are railings and steps ***** the back of ship hot tubs and the thallasso.... pool. Yeah!!

Have a blast!!

She is a Cruise Critic Member and did a good review...

http://emptynestinthemidwest.blogspot.com/2015/01/carnival-magic-tour.html

Stalling the shovel and get to Church phase of the AM here on Cruise Critic...LOL...Love, Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Sister in one cabin.... I was in the other..... they charged us as a couple for the week

Great whirlpool and spa amenities but not handicap accessible.... There are at least 4 steps getting to the pool level inside the room and then the pool has if I remember right 3 but a nice hand rail. ... The outside steps have a hand rail also if she is a bit mobile

Hi Lambie...this nice woman took photos and it looks like there are railings and steps ***** the back of ship hot tubs and the thallasso.... pool. Yeah!!

Have a blast!!

She is a Cruise Critic Member and did a good review...

http://emptynestinthemidwest.blogspot.com/2015/01/carnival-magic-tour.html

Stalling the shovel and get to Church phase of the AM here on Cruise Critic...LOL...Love, Sarah

Sarah...

That's exactly what I needed to see! The pool and the heated tile chairs would be perfect for Nana. I think I could get her in and out of that pool!!!

• 3 weeks later...