Summit Indulgence Show

Craig_K

I can't seem to find much information on what exactly the Indulgence show is in Cellar Masters. Celebrity's description is kind of vague to me. I see threads discussing the price, but not really much information about what exactly this show is. I am not clear from anything I read.

Has anyone done this and can explain exactly what it is and how long it is? Also, is it suitable for a family with young teens? Is it mostly just food and drink with a little entertainment sprinkled through?

Any information is helpful.

They had it on the Summit when we were on board recently. Sorry but I can't tell you anything about it as we didn't go. From the descriptions from the on board materials it didn't appeal to me.

It does appear to be the epitome of what the marketing dept is shooting for with Modern Luxury.

It was a theme party. I called it "Alice in Wonderland" on acid.

They had people (from the stage entertainers, there was no big stage show that night so they did this instead) dressed up as characters, many resembled Alice in wonderland to me. They laid out a buffet of fancy cold appetizers, and had a girl in a cage dress made to hold the appetizer cups roam the room serving deserts from the special made cage dress. Occassionally the characters would roam the room doing "bits" like fake over the top chatting with each other, pouring tea as if in a child's tea party....There was the contortionist on the small stage they built doing contortionist things in and out of a cube, there may have even been a pole for the pole contortionists if memory serves.

There was a large birdcage, where people (we) could swing on the bird swing, special lighting etc.

It was an odd yet definitely unique concept. I just wish the drinks selection was better. All I recall was an overly sweet rum punch, cheap celebrity vintage sparkling wine, and heavy baileys drink of some sort. I never tried to see if the bar was an open bar and I could have ordered anything else not on "the menu".

The price of admission includes the drinks and eats, they actually recommend a light or early dinner when booking.

I'd say teenagers would be fine there, depending on how you perceive the contortionists and actors. It lasted if I recall from 9:30 to about 11 or 11:30. Your description of food and drink with entertainment sprinkled through is spot on really.

Edited by cle-guy

Sounds like the failed "Bar at the End of the Earth" concept they tried in the SkyLounge. I like the SkyLounge much better now that the roaming characters and the rags are gone.

Summit was doing a white party called "Frozen" where they decked it out, decorated and had entertainers doing bits there one night as well.

We went last week as guests of Michael's Club (so I don't know how much it was).

When I asked what it was (we just received an invite) I was told, "it's like a Burlesque 'party' where one of the girls acts as the host and all her fabulous burlesque friends put on little performances." That said, the costumes were very burlesque and all the wait staff wore masks. Lots of feathers, velvet, silk, sparkles, and lace all around. There were a few costume changes too. The singers - were literally singing songs from a sheet of music they were holing up and reading. Tons of food - but we were too full form dinner to eat. The performers were all drinking out and about with us like we were party guests and some were REALLY drinking.

We had fun, but I would not pay to attend. I think they listed the party as 21+ too...

We were on-board for the inaugural of the Indulgence party. The food was great and because of a mistake by the CD, they had an open bar. All the senior officers including the Captain were there but I wouldn't know if that's still the case. It was very enjoyable. I agree with eat early or eat light before going.

Edited by Big_G