Sailing from PC, staying Orlando pre-cruise?

jules815

I know this should be in a different thread, but thought I'd take a shot and post before it gets moved. :)

Sailing on Freedom in 2015 and we've gotten a little "ho hum" with the hotels in Port Canaveral/Cocoa. Lots of nice resort hotel options in Orlando area. No kids traveling with us, just my husband and I. It wouldn't be a big deal to drive over to the port the morning of the cruise.

Have many of you done this, and what would be your hotel of choice in that area?

For resort, I like the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton at Grande Lakes. It has the most bang for the buck in my book. This is a large hotel so no 5 star or attentive service, but I like the hotels and lazy river.

I would consider the new Four Seasons, if the rate is under $500. I also like the Villas of Grand Cypress, they just finished a remodel and you can use the facilities of the Hyatt Grand Cypress down the road.

I lived in Orlando for years and I don't like any of the hotels near the port. We generally fly in the day of, but if we need a room we stay in Orlando.

Sent from my iPad using Forums