On the Equinox now - Beverage Package Classic

Sandy1975

No in the # of drinks but yes on $ amount/drink.

Beers up to $6, cocktail up to $8 and wine up to $9.

I did not realize that the wine limit was higher than the cocktails. I know it was raised earlier this year because of wine price inflation.

We get the premium package and many of the wines in the specialty restaurants now exceed the $13 limit:confused:

Celebrity should do the same thing with the premium package and have a higher limit for the wines:)

To answer the soda question, cans and fountain soda are all included. Also on the Equinox, the non alcoholic slushes at the new Slush bar are included in the classic alcohol package (and in a premium non alcohol package) but you need a premium alcohol package for the alcoholic ones :)

Edited by DebbieMacG

I did not realize that the wine limit was higher than the cocktails. I know it was raised earlier this year because of wine price inflation.

We get the premium package and many of the wines in the specialty restaurants now exceed the $13 limit:confused:

Celebrity should do the same thing with the premium package and have a higher limit for the wines:)

The ranking of costs into 3 tiers (Beer, Cocktails & Wine) within the Classic Program has been this way for years (at least since 2011 since I joined CC)

When the prices of the Pkgs went up in May 2014 (to reflect the increase of costs for individual drinks onboard) the tiers increased as well by $ 1 each (ie Classic = Beer $ 6 - Cocktails $ 8 - Wine $ 9 and Premium = Beer, Cocktails & Wine up to $ 13)

Since my first sailing on Celebrity in January 2012, when I did a comprehensive study / posting here on CC regarding Celebrity's Wine Lists there have always been lots of wines available by the glass beyond the max in the Premium Pkg

Not sure if the max pour wine list for the Premium Pkg has been reduced since the May 2014 Price Increases, but I will be sure to report on this following my upcoming cruise in December, and subsequent revamp of the Celebrity Wine List

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

When the prices of the Pkgs went up in May 2014 (to reflect the increase of costs for individual drinks onboard) the tiers increased as well by $ 1 each (ie Classic = Beer $ 6 - Cocktails $ 8 - Wine $ 9 and Premium = Beer, Cocktails & Wine up to $ 13)

I don't remember the exact limits, but the one and only Rose wine by the glass at Tuscan & Murano was under the premium limit when I sailed in January, February & March (6 cruises total).

When I sailed 2 weeks ago the same wine was above the limit.

All of these cruises were in the Caribbean and don't have the extra gratuity added like in the UK & NZ.

I remember reading here on CC earlier in the year when Celebrity raised the wine prices across the board and there was not a single white or red under the classic limit in the MDR. After few weeks Celebrity raised the classic wine limit (and only the wine limit).

FYI - I will be getting off the Connie the same day you get on!

I think they need to do the same thing to the premium wine limit.

PS - One of the sommelier's 2 weeks ago told us that every time he comes back from vacation the wine prices are higher:confused:

FYI - I will be getting off the Connie the same day you get on!

Edited by TommyD3

We took a Greek cruise line to Greece and Turkey and bought their drink package. It was pretty restrictive and we made do. What I did like was they had a bar menu with asterisks with drinks included. There plenty of choices so it all worked in the end.

I think when some travel they think it should be like at home.

I can definitely answer rums as that is what I drink. Bacardi brands (including Bacardi 8) are in classic. Mountgay Rum, 10 Cane Sugar ( I think that is that is the name) and another one I never heard of are in Premium.

Sadly, Bombay Sapphire is in premium but Tanqueray is in classic.

Anyone know about capt. Morgan? It's my daughters favorite but doesn't appear on the above list.

Anyone know about capt. Morgan? It's my daughters favorite but doesn't appear on the above list.

Hi BOBBYR30,

The list in this topic is the one that is linked to Celebrity's Website... It may not be the complete list (just a Representation... Which is what lists linked to the Website have been in the past. Certainly this list which is really recent is missing a lot of Name Brands entirely... Hence all the Questions)

The last CELEBRITY OFFICIAL BEVERAGE PKG List was psted here by CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep on May 28, 2014 after the last OFFICIAL Revision to the Bevvy Pkgs

You can find that Announcement, and attached Classic & Premium Lists here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

As per that Official List, Captain's Morgan Rum appears on both the Classic & Premium Pkgs

Cheers!

Ps... I and SARAFINADH did the last lengthy review / analysis of Celebrity's Bevvy Pkgs in 2012, it is my plan to do another one and pst my findings here on CC early in 2015 (after I cruise next month)

Likle many others , I imagine , I will eagerly await your updated list of wines by the glass that are available Sloop JohnB .:cool:

I have tried to find a list but cruisers do not seem to be able to copy and paste a new list . I will do this in March , but would love to know beforehand.

Maybe Sandy can give a list of wines availble BTG included in the Premium package on her cruise ? :D;)

Im currently on the Equinox now. There have been questions about what is included in the classic package in terms of Cafe Al Bacio.

I can definitely confirm that the Aspen and any of the otherexploringoffees are included. Im enjoying one right now :)

First Time on an S class ship and I really like the Equinox! Very different from M class. It is a 10 day cruise so no many kids on onboard that I can see so far. I also see that there are a good amount of younger couples ( we are in our late 30's) no that it matters.

For those curious about boarding time, we got to the port around 10:40 (using Uber! ) and were on the ship at 11:15! Had a nice lunch at Oceanview cafe (a lot nicer th s t M class) and started exploring.

I might post about my experience wherever I get wifi connection.

Also for those that have the classic and care about vodka, K etel One, which is better than the other options under classic IMO is included.

I will be on till departure son if you have questions you have another 3 hours to ask. Otherwise I will get back to you when im in St Thomas!

Oh, and sorry this post is all over the place but im just writing as I think of things!

Are standard "dirty" martinis/absolute or stoli (small version) available w/Classic Package at martini bar?

Hi from St Thomas! We docked at 7 and got clearance to get out at 8.

Answer to some questions:

Canadian Whiskey: Canadian Club. Other brands (not Canadian I think) are Seagrams, Cheaper Jameson brand and another one I can't remember.

Hard Cider: No more strongbow . Hopefully it will be replenished in St Thomas. Angry orchard n woodchuck are in the premium.

Captain Morgan is included

Wines by the glass are Ok. Drinkable. I like the shiraz that is in main dining room. I also like Rodney strong merlot but apparently they are running out of it. My husband likes the cabernet from Chile. Proseco is included, Fantinel I think and you can get in rose form.

Dirty Martinis, you can get them but if asking in the martini bar they won't give it to you in a Martini glass. If you insist , you will get charged even if brands are part of classic. If you don't mind getting in a tumbler, you will be Ok but not sure you want a dirty martini in a tumbler. Solution, just go to gastro pub across from martini bar n order there. Stop I, Absolut, Smirnoff and K etel One are included.

I will write some comments through out the day and starting now!

Likle many others , I imagine , I will eagerly await your updated list of wines by the glass that are available Sloop JohnB .:cool:

I have tried to find a list but cruisers do not seem to be able to copy and paste a new list . I will do this in March , but would love to know beforehand.

Maybe Sandy can give a list of wines availble BTG included in the Premium package on her cruise ? :D;)

I will take a picture n post it here.

- Rainy Ft Lauderdale must have had an impact in the mood for some people. Bars were pretty crowded as people had to be indoors due to weather. This brought out really bad temper on those that were impatient and could not wait 5-8 minutes for a drink. My philosophy is that Im on a cruise that will last 10days and had nothing else to do but have fun so I just wait my turn and thank the staff.

Music is very low key and if im been honest the only area of complain for me. I wish it was more lively but it is what the majority might want.

One think I noticed is that there is a large amount of younger people on board so maybe things will get more high energy.

Wondering what Scotch Whiskeys are available. This past summer the only two that were available as part of the classic package were Dewars White and Johnnie Walker Red.

We are on the Equinox in March and are thinking of upgrading just to get a better scotch (I think they have Highland Park 12 as part of the premium package).

Wondering what Scotch Whiskeys are available. This past summer the only two that were available as part of the classic package were Dewars White and Johnnie Walker Red.

We are on the Equinox in March and are thinking of upgrading just to get a better scotch (I think they have Highland Park 12 as part of the premium package).

This are I believe the only options. I remember thinking that ac scotch drinker might be better off upgrading.

I would highly recommend anyone wanting to upgrade due to any SPECIFIC brand of alcohol, wait until you arrive to the ship.

The list is subject to change at any time, inventory and supplier issues etc. Just because it's lists on one list or ship today, doesn't mean it will be on a list or the same or a different ship later.

It costs nothing more to upgrade on board than in advance, and is able to be done at any bar in 30 seconds as opposed to a phone call to X.

The last 2 days were at sea. Waters are a bit rough and you can feel the boat swaying but nothing to intense. Formal night was on the first sea day and the menu while Ok was not out of this world. I think the menu yesterday was better (top chef menu).

Music at the Martini bar was pretty good around 1030 - 11 pm. Miami DJ was in the house and I liked it. Bartenders are good but sometimes I think they are more interested in putting a performance than serving. That is Ok though as I enjoy the show.

Just as an FYI the cocktails under the social hour menu are in included in the classic package. Social hours are 4-5 and 11 to close. A word of advise: keep an eye on your drink while it is been prepared, the bartender twice switched the brand in the drink for lesser ones. Instead of cointreu the guy used house triple sec and instead of ciroc he used ketel one.

More to come...

We did the TA aboard Equinox a couple of weeks ago. Such a classy ship and probably the friendliest crew we have ever encountered. We will be on Reflection in January and have the Classic Drink Package. Do you recall what Rums (besides Bacardi) are included? Also, for my wife, is Bombay Saphire gin included?

thanks...

Sadly, Bombay Sapphire is in premium but Tanqueray is in classic.

I read over the new listing of classic package and it says "Fountain sodas". Does some know if that mean we can no longer get cans of soda on the classic package? Also, husband drinks Crown Royal, is that included in classic package?

Crown Royal is not on classic. Im not sure what whiskey/scotch is included but I can ask and report back when I get wifi/free access.

Something is off here. Both Bombay and Crown Royal were on the Classic package as late as October 27th as my wife and I spent 25 days on Equinox in October and drank these offerings, and a lot of them, on our Classic package. Do they change the menus depending on where they're sailing? i.e. Europe vs Caribbean? Or what gives?

FWIW, this link shows Bombay and Crown Royal on the Classic package which corresponds with our experience.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42909627&postcount=1

Notwithstanding availability of certain brands, they shouldn't flip flop back and forth between Classic and Premium, should they?

Edited by GITC

Who do you want to believe? If you believe celebrity's web site, then see the following page defining the packages and note that classic includes chivas and cutty sark, etc.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

If you believe reports from actual ships, the scotches (and other) differ from the list. (why is this not a surprise)

I concur with those that say wait until you get on board....you never know what's included (and of course, unless you watch closely, you never know what's in your drink).

Something is off here. Both Bombay and Crown Royal were on the Classic package as late as October 27th as my wife and I spent 25 days on Equinox in October and drank these offerings, and a lot of them, on our Classic package. Do they change the menus depending on where they're sailing? i.e. Europe vs Caribbean? Or what gives?

FWIW, this link shows Bombay and Crown Royal on the Classic package which corresponds with our experience.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42909627&postcount=1

Well, I asked about both crown royal and bombay and was told it is not in classic.

Notwithstanding availability of certain brands, they shouldn't flip flop back and forth between Classic and Premium, should they?

I asked about these brands and it is not included according to the bartender.

in the new list also says K etel One is not included (updated list in website) but im drinking it.

Edited by Sandy1975

I asked about these brands and it is not included according to the bartender.

in the new list also says K etel One is not included but im drinking it.

Everyone seems to have their own list.

As repeat Celebrity cruisers know, the only thing that's consistent about celebrity is their inconsistency. They just can't seem to get HQ, their web and all their ships on the same page....and there is really no way to know what list is correct. I guess whatever they do on the ship is, by definition, right for that cruise

Sandy....you could print out that page in the internet room...there's no cost...it's a free web site (celebritycruises.com). I (and I bet a few others) would love to know what the bartenders/food and beverage manager says if you showed them the, we presume official, "Celebrity web" list".

Edited by ghstudio

Back posting a bit more. We took an excursion with Celebrity to St John. We are doing the self explore one. Trunk Bay is beautiful. It is not very crowded. Snorkeling is not the best right now as the waters are a bit choppy. I was still able to see a few fish and coral and that was nice.

I realize I madeb this thread not just about brands in the classic package anymore so hopefully it won't bother those of you reading too much.