Breakfast Delivery

jp12687

Click on this website

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm

You will see the breakfast menu for room service. It is very limited.

When you fill out the card they provide for you, it has a section for what time you wanted it delivered.

They have always knocked on my door. I would never want them to leave it outside. What if someone walking by touches it? Ewww. I know the likelihood of that happening is remote, but still.

Why don't you want them knocking on your door?

When ordering through the card left on the door handle, breakfast usually arrives in the time window I selected and yes, they will knock and knock, even followed by a phone call if not readily answered.

Choose your delivery time according to your needs.

I have to say, I am a little baffled by this question. Why would one not want someone to knock on the door? You would rather that the steward leave your food on the floor and you keep checking to see if it is there? Mmmmm. Perhaps this saves you a $2 tip?

I have to say, I am a little baffled by this question. Why would one not want someone to knock on the door? You would rather that the steward leave your food on the floor and you keep checking to see if it is there? Mmmmm. Perhaps this saves you a $2 tip?

no has nothing to do with the $2 tip i can assure you that. I'd rather have it on a tray all covered and left for me so when i wake up its there.

Hey,

will they leave breakfast at the door? I ask because at hotels i really enjoy ordering breakfast and having it there when i wake up. Not waiting for it or being woken up when the knock...

thanks,

No. Carnival requires a signature for room service.

no has nothing to do with the $2 tip i can assure you that. I'd rather have it on a tray all covered and left for me so when i wake up its there.

Not buying it. How are they supposed to know when you wake up? You still have not answered any of us. Why don't you want them knocking on your door. Again, there are no carts. The tray would be on the floor for anyone to kick, touch, pick at. How do you tip the delivery steward if he does not knock on your door???????

Not buying it. How are they supposed to know when you wake up? You still have not answered any of us. Why don't you want them knocking on your door. Again, there are no carts. The tray would be on the floor for anyone to kick, touch, pick at. How do you tip the delivery steward if he does not knock on your door???????

you're right i would not tip him as i don't tip the guy who delivered and leaves breakfast at the door in a hotel. but that is NOT the point.

How would they know when i'm awake? I tell them what time to leave it and it's there when i wake up.

Again if everything was properly covered as they are when delivered in a hotel its not a big deal.

Room service isn't going to care if your hair is a mess and your makeup isn't done up.

The best I can suggest is to grab some fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, and milk to keep your room.

i just don't want to be woken up if i oversleep.

No. Carnival requires a signature for room service.

This is the correct answer, a guest signature is required for all room service deliveries. So no, they won't leave it outside your door for you to retrieve at your leisure.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Hey,

will they leave breakfast at the door? I ask because at hotels i really enjoy ordering breakfast and having it there when i wake up. Not waiting for it or being woken up when the knock...

thanks,

No they don't leave it outside the door and I wouldn't want them to leave my breakfast sitting on the floor with my coffee getting cold. I've tried to sign up for delivery of breakfast and the simple fact is I never know what time I'm going to want to wake up until I wake up. If I have to set an alarm clock for anything other than a tour when in port it doesn't feel like a vacation. I just call as soon as I wake up and by the time I'm finished in the bathroom breakfast is there. While the selection is not extensive you can make a pretty good breakfast (excluding eggs) using the rest of the room service menu. You can order a BLT and have them hold the LT and mayo and you have toast with bacon or you can order a hot ham and cheese on toast and you have an instant breakfast sandwich add those items to the usual breakfast sweet rolls fruit yogurt juices milk coffee cream cheese or butter and you have a pretty good selection. Only thing you can't get on room service for breakfast is eggs.

Although it's not a stated perk I have noticed since I became platinum that room service takes a lot less time. Or maybe it's just because about the same time as I became platinum they started offering the little paper slips with delivery of room service that allow you to give a tip with out having cash on hand so now I always am always able to give a tip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

Also it would be a hazard to leave a tray full of items in the hall by your door, waiting to be retrieved at your leisure. The hallways are not very wide, and aside from normal foot traffic, people in wheelchairs, scooters, and the stewards with their carts need to get through.

If you're so concerned about being woken up just call in the morning when you're ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i just don't want to be woken up if i oversleep.

So if you oversleep you wouldn't mind your cold items being lukewarm and your hot items being cold when you finally get around to bringing it in, from the floor outside your door...which is where they would have to leave it if they didn't knock on your door and give it to you in person.

And admitting you wouldn't tip (and don't tip for hotel delivery) is just wrong. Go up to the buffet and get your own breakfast then.

Hey,

thanks,

Really? You've got to be kidding, right? :rolleyes:

Hey,

thanks,

Just order when you wake up. They are not going to leave the food in the hall.

They don't even want you to leave the empty dishes out in the hall so I know they won't leave full dishes out there.

This simply is not so. Carnival's own Fun Forum staff has asked the desired procedure of on board housekeeping management and they replied: "during the day place trays in the hallway and at night leave in the room."