Which HAL ship for Alaskan cruise?

4Lakes Lady

I have been on all three ships and like each of them The Statendam is doing a two week cruise out of Seattle. It will go up to Anchorage and then to Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka and a have day and evening in Victoria BC. It is a wonderful cruise and the last summer this version of the Statendam will be with the Holland America Line.

• 2 weeks later...
Check out the ports and port times, for starters. Make sure you choose the ship and itinerary that offers you the ports that appeal most to you. Personally, I'd go with the 14 day RT on the Statendam, not for the ship but for the ports.

I'm currently booked on the Noordam 7 day R/T Vcr but am reconsidering. Not because of the ship but because I've "been there, done that" with the ports.

Agree. The ports and excursions make the trip extraordinary. We did 11 day sea-land. We were on Statendam northbound from Vancouver. Fantastic vacation!:)

Hey all you HAL cruisers,

I'm new to cruising and haven't been on a HAL cruise yet but would like to do Alaska during the summer of 2015. There are 3 ships , all with great itineraries: Statendam, Oosterdam and Zandam. Which would be your first choice and why?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done 5 Alaska cruises (and will be doing our 6th in June aboard the Westerdam because of the itinerary), and IMO the one aboard the Zaandam was the best - we liked the size of the ship, the layout of the cabins and public areas, the interior decor, and most of all the crew ... so my recommendation would be the Zaandam,unless you like larger ships (Oosterdam) or smaller ships (Statendam)... whichever one you decide on, I'm sure you'll have a great time ... good luck and happy cruising.

Rod