Tampa and The Sun

roger001

We cruised on the Sun for the first time this past October and just loved her!

She is an excellent example of what cruising means to those of us who have been cruising for (quite) a few years. The ship was classic, beautiful and the crew was great! She is not the theme park cruise ships that the new mega ships are now. The new ships are a different type of cruising, IMHO.

I hope you enjoy the Sun as much as we did; we will be back cruising on her again someday. :)

Roger I noticed that you parked your car in Tampa while cruising. Can u give me some information on that. We will be driving in and have every had to park our car. Thanks

We drove to Tampa and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. They have a "cruise" package, which for us was super reasonable. It provides for 7 days parking and shuttle service, plus room and breakfast. Don't know what their current prices are. Great place though. My review is one of the many on their web site.

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-garden-inn-tampa-airport-westshore-TPAWSGI/index.html

Thanks Roger, we will be coming from Orlando...Disney..so we don't need accommodations. Maybe I will try to find an answer on the Tampa site or ask the question.

We live in Sun City Center and we used to off park at Premier but had a bad experience last time so we are trying the parking doctors. Fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

Thanks very much for the feedback on the Sun. We're very happy to be on her in just under 2 weeks. We upgraded to an Aft Mini Suite after reading so many positive things about them on CC. Glad she is small and we're certainly not looking for much glitz & glam. so as long as she's clean and staff friendly, we'll have a great time.

Any pics of your mini suite? Just asking... I know we don't always take pics either but any would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers... we'll say "hello" to her and ask her to stick around for a while for you too.

If you plan on going to the MDR for dinner, go to the Seven Seas (aft) and ask to be placed in Immaculate Deja's section. Absolutely the best waitress I have ever had on a cruise.