Millennium in Alaska

nachos26usa

Despite the fact we live in Alaska we've done three Alaska cruises, and it seems to me that Alaska cruises are somewhat similar to Panama Canal cruises in which the best views can be had on one of the upper decks near the pools. But you also might want to consider an aft stateroom.

There is a wealth of information regarding Alaska on the Cruise Critic Alaska forum. Hope you enjoy your planning and visit to our state.

We've sailed on the Millie and her sisters. Did the Summit in Alaska and without a doubt the best view is from an aft cabin. The deck 11 afts are great but for Alaska you'd want deck 6,7, or 8.

The deck 11 afts are above the bar and the view is somewhat obscured. The lower decks are above the wake and offer a cleaner view.

If you can grab an aft don't hesitate. There aren't many of them and they go fast.

You'll love Alaska!

We did a northbound this year, and had a sweet 16 starboard cabin. The extra large veranda allowed my husband to set up his camera gear while I sat outside. There were people who spent big bucks on whale watching expeditions. We sat outside and saw many whales breeching and swimming next to us, especially at Icy Strait. It was phenomenal.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
We've sailed on the Millie and her sisters. Did the Summit in Alaska and without a doubt the best view is from an aft cabin. The deck 11 afts are great but for Alaska you'd want deck 6,7, or 8.

The deck 11 afts are above the bar and the view is somewhat obscured. The lower decks are above the wake and offer a cleaner view.

If you can grab an aft don't hesitate. There aren't many of them and they go fast.

You'll love Alaska!

OK. This sounds good, but a few more questions as I'm planning a Millie/alaskan cruise as well. As I understand, the Aqua Class allows for the Blu dining room. Are there any Aqua class afts on the decks you mentioned?

OK. This sounds good, but a few more questions as I'm planning a Millie/alaskan cruise as well. As I understand, the Aqua Class allows for the Blu dining room. Are there any Aqua class afts on the decks you mentioned?

There are Aqua aft cabins on deck 11. We've been in 1138 on M class for a caribbean cruises and have 1138 booked for Alaska on Millie. I agree the view might be Less obstructed from the lower aft but you can still see the wake from deck 11 cabins.