Booking in separately.

megsie

We are going on a family cruise, 3N on Voyager, Feb 2015. The reservations were made and paid for by me and we have 2 rooms on 2 mixed reservations - men in one room, girls in the other. Grandparents, parents & grandaughter - 5 total. The question is does anyone know if can we check in separately or do we have to check in together? If not, I thought maybe we could all check in together early (Diamond), then grandaughter could stay onboard with us and her parent/s could leave and finish up at work and be back onboard by late afternoon. Departure is at 9.00pm.

My understanding is with Royal you can check in separately as you want to do... though gbenjo would be able to confirm.

The second approach is definitely doable if it comes down to it.

Thanks for the information. It was the onboard agent's idea to make the reservations as mixed so we could maximise the discounts, good idea I thought until I'm thinking of the practicalities of the 2 bookings.

Hi Megsie... I might not be gbenjo... but I work with him LOL...

you can check in at separate times but just make sure everyone has their own paper work ... set sail passes that is ... also if there is a party that will be using the same credit card for their charges .. make sure that the person owns the card is the one that is checking in first ... for eg ... if your partner is joining the cruise after they finish work, make sure that when you do your online check in that you use your credit card... then we can link him to your card before they board... we can't link anyone to a card that has not been swiped with the owner present.. ( the credit card we register must belong the person standing in front of us )

if that did happen then we would have to change your account to cash then once both of you are on board you would need to go to guest relations to change it back...

hope that makes some sense... LOL

joanne

I hope that makes some sort of sense...

Sometimes friends in the same cabin board at different times which works well as they each register their own credit cards at the time of checking

Thanks for the further information Joanne, especially re the credit card. It all makes perfectly good sense. Had the pleasure of your expertise at check-in some time ago and recognised you from one of your great blogs. Thanks again.

Thanks for the further information Joanne, especially re the credit card. It all makes perfectly good sense. Had the pleasure of your expertise at check-in some time ago and recognised you from one of your great blogs. Thanks again.

How good are my disciples .....but then again I did teach her all she knows:D:D:D.

Edited by gbenjo

Hi Megsie... I might not be gbenjo... but I work with him LOL...

you can check in at separate times but just make sure everyone has their own paper work ... set sail passes that is ... also if there is a party that will be using the same credit card for their charges .. make sure that the person owns the card is the one that is checking in first ... for eg ... if your partner is joining the cruise after they finish work, make sure that when you do your online check in that you use your credit card... then we can link him to your card before they board... we can't link anyone to a card that has not been swiped with the owner present.. ( the credit card we register must belong the person standing in front of us )

if that did happen then we would have to change your account to cash then once both of you are on board you would need to go to guest relations to change it back...

hope that makes some sense... LOL

joanne

I hope that makes some sort of sense...

Sometimes friends in the same cabin board at different times which works well as they each register their own credit cards at the time of checking

How good are my disciples .....but then again I did teach her all she knows:D:D:D.

So I must write the name Joanne down.

Sorry Joanne, they're trying to corrupt this thread now. They've had their fun on the OPT thread, so now spreading their wings!

Although their advice is appreciated and their patter fun to read.

Boys!

Megsie ... If you ignore them they go away lol...... But I would have to say standing next to Grahame the other day I actually did hear one that I hadn't heard before lol.....

Sorry for any Grammar or spelling error this is Sent from my iPad