Length of evening theater productions?

Kingofcool1947

DW and I are booked on the Star Princess 10 day Mexico cruise from San Francisco January 3, 2015.

We have reserved 8:15 pm traditional seating in MDR.

Is it better to see the evening theater shown before or after dinner? How long are the shows?

Thank you.

DW and I are booked on the Star Princess 10 day Mexico cruise from San Francisco January 3, 2015.

Is it better to see the evening theater shown before or after dinner? How long are the shows?

Thank you.

The shows are usually 30 minutes. There are usually two shows per night. The times vary but are scheduled for early dining to catch one and late dining the other

Of course it depends on the specific time the shows are presented, but when I do late seating, I always go to the later show. The theater is less crowded then, as a rule.

Of course it depends on the specific time the shows are presented, but when I do late seating, I always go to the later show. The theater is less crowded then, as a rule.

Thanks!

On a recent Alaska cruise on Golden Princess we saw The British Invasion show.. I guess it's the same one on Star?

Regards, and safe travels,

King

The shows generally play about 8:00 and 10:00 so you will have to go to the late show if you have second seating traditional. The late show is never crowded and you can get a good seat even if you arrive 5 minutes before show time. The early show is always packed and you must arrive 30 minutes before show time to get a seat.

Sometimes they have three shows. In that case you would have to choose between the first and the third show times because you will be at dinner during the middle show. Either one of those times will be less crowded than the middle show time. Shows run 35-40 minutes.

As mentioned by others, production shows are around 35mins. Depending on the Cruise Director there may be two or three show times in the evening. The 8pm show is always the most crowded, and requires arrival around 30 mins. prior. Check the Princess Patter each day and make your plans. Some Cruise Directors, but not all, will provide you with an overview of the shows for all 10 days, which makes your planning a little easier.

In addition to the Production Shows there will be guest entertainers, including comics, singers, magic, other acts. These shows usually last about 45 mins. Some are in the Princess Theater and some will be in the Vista Lounge. Many nights shows will be running in both the Theater and the Vista Lounge during the same times. If you wish to see both you have to plan. Note the Vista Lounge is smaller and fills up early for entertainers known to be enjoyable.

In addition to the formal shows there will be game shows, theme nights, evening trivia shows, dance sessions, Crooner's piano entertainment, string quartets, pop bands, all going on. These are held in the Wheelhouse Bar, Explorer's Lounge, Piazza and sometimes on deck. There will also be Movies Under the Stars most evenings.

Plenty to do or not to do.

Many nights there will be three shows. On a recent cruise they were at 7:00, 8:15, and 10:15.

Some nights there will only be two shows when there is a late evening event scheduled such as the "ultimate deck party" or a crew talent show.

On embarkation day there is usually just one or two shows scheduled, often timed so that those at second traditional seating cannot attend.

On the last evening there are usually just two shows, with the 10:15 one not occurring.