OBC you purchase yourself

Wastegirl

I'm someone who likes to budget for a cruise, by the time my final payments comes I have been paying for it in instalments for months, buy my tours ahead of time, upgrade my drinks package, etc etc.

By the time my cruise comes along I have paid up front for everything. However on board there are always incidentals and I may decide to go to the Pay Restaurants or buy a bit of bling. In the past on HAL I have simply purchased OBC ahead of time and if I did not use it all by the end of the cruise they credited it back to my credit card account.

My question is, if I buy some OBC from Celebrity and don't use it all, will they give it back to me. I am not talking about OBC gifted to you by TA's or a Celebrity Promo.

Thanks

e OBC from Celebrity and don't use it all, will they give it back to me. I am not talking about OBC gifted to you by TA's or a Celebrity Promo.[/Quote]

Yes, you do get your OBC back if pre purchased by yourself.

I think the only one which is not refundable is that given to you by Celebrity.

There are special cades:

OBN= non refundable

OBR = refundable

It can work out quite a good deal to pre purchase it yourself, depending on the current exchange rates.

I agree - I was lucky to buy OBC for my upcoming cruise when the Euro exchange rate was much better than now. Another thing to consider: If your Credit Card charges you for using foreign currencies you can save that as well by buying OBC. Not sure about Australia but I was able to buy my OBC in Euros and it is going to show up on the ship in US Dollars. My Credit Card charges 1.75% if I don´t pay in Euros. So even if I would break even regarding the exchange rate I would still save 1.75% if I buy OBC pre-cruise.