Anyone used Carnival transportation to POM?

jandtb

DH and I are booked on the Glory in Feb. We have already planned to fly in a day earlier, into, FLL, and are staying at a hotel near the airport. This hotel includes free shuttle to/from FLL airport. Would you suggest getting a private transfer company from the hotel, or take that return shuttle back to the airport and use Carnival's transportation. We do have FTTF, and the price for the transport companies v. Carnival are comparable. Thoughts??

DH and I are booked on the Glory in Feb. We have already planned to fly in a day earlier, into, FLL, and are staying at a hotel near the airport. This hotel includes free shuttle to/from FLL airport. Would you suggest getting a private transfer company from the hotel, or take that return shuttle back to the airport and use Carnival's transportation. We do have FTTF, and the price for the transport companies v. Carnival are comparable. Thoughts??

never use Carnival Transfers, very over price and takes forever

I just cancelled our Carnival Transfers and booked SAS ridesas.com I think. They pick us up from our hotel by FLL at 9:30 and take us to POM for 15pp.

I just cancelled our Carnival Transfers and booked SAS ridesas.com I think. They pick us up from our hotel by FLL at 9:30 and take us to POM for 15pp.

Thanks for your input. We have done some research on other transfer companies and were wondering how Carnival transfers compared. Good to hear that someone else (and maybe others) has the same thought as us.

Thanks for the link. We have done the private transfer in the past and wondered what others had to say about Carnival's transfer service.

Got it, misread your request. We have used Carnival transfers about 5 times. They are pricey, but the real issue is waiting for the bus to fill up..... Drove me crazy.

Thanks for the link. We have done the private transfer in the past and wondered what others had to say about Carnival's transfer service.

We,ve used the Carnival service from the Port of Miami to FLL Airport. They use motor coaches--comfortable ride.

Took about 15 minutes to fill the bus and we were off.

No complaints about the service at all.

Got it, misread your request. We have used Carnival transfers about 5 times. They are pricey, but the real issue is waiting for the bus to fill up..... Drove me crazy.

No worries... thanks for your clarification. The waiting would drive us crazy too!!

We,ve used the Carnival service from the Port of Miami to FLL Airport. They use motor coaches--comfortable ride.

Took about 15 minutes to fill the bus and we were off.

No complaints about the service at all.

My experience was similar the one time I used it. I think my wait was more like 10 minutes, but I could've been lucky.

Carnival transfers are too pricey, use QLS or sas and its $15pp to the pier.

Carnival charges $16pp: http://www.carnival.com/cruise-transfers/miami.aspx

Is that $1 really significant? Or are we talking price/value? :confused:

I agree sometimes the wait for the bus to fill is annoying. Although very easy to spot carnival reps to get you to the buses. Drop off is easy and they explain where to go. I think for first time cruisers it's helpful. I now use jiffyjeff transportation. He has a Large Mercedes van and he is ALWAYS on time and easy to reach. $15 a person.