"New" 2 day cruise out of Southampton

WestLakeGirl

I asked my TA (ex UK Celebrity PCS) to see if she could book the cabin we have on the following cruise. This is her reply:

I just spoke to celebrity for you , you could book under the waitrose promotion its selling very quickly its £429 each for an aqua cabin , £599 each for a sky suite and £899 each for the royal suite , with classic drinks and free tips included , unfortunately that needs to be booked directly with celebrity on the waitrose promotion , not allowed through travel agents unless you are elite plus , but I wanted to let you know as its getting very full

If anybody is interested, don't leave it to long!

Well I am elite plus and did get the offer.....however when I phoned I was asked is it was the Waitrose offer (waitrose is a supermarket brand in the UK), and the I explained that it could be either as I am also a waitrose customer. Seems Celebrity are doing some kind of promotion,

I was then quoted a range of prices quite a bit more than was quoted in the offer which is a 'from' price.

No free parking. Just didn't seem worth it. We'll have a look at the new facilities next year when we sail

Well I am elite plus and did get the offer.....however when I phoned I was asked is it was the Waitrose offer (waitrose is a supermarket brand in the UK), and the I explained that it could be either as I am also a waitrose customer. Seems Celebrity are doing some kind of promotion,

I was then quoted a range of prices quite a bit more than was quoted in the offer which is a 'from' price.

No free parking. Just didn't seem worth it. We'll have a look at the new facilities next year when we sail

I have gone via the Waitrose link and this is what I get ( quoted in € )

Nights

Taste Of Modern Luxury

Ship: Celebrity Eclipse

Itinerary: Southampton - England Paris (Le Havre) - France Southampton -

FROM

€878

2 GUESTS SHARING

( €439 per person)

07 May 2015LOWEST PRICE

Thank you sollyman for your information.

I just booked a balcony cabin for £199 each for my DH and I.

Free classic drinks and grats included, I think it's a fabulous deal and it will give me the last couple of captains club points I need to go to the next tier.[/Quote]

Edited by upwarduk

I am pleased that my post helped at least a couple of you.

Hi,

Your post really did help lots :)

I have 6 groups of friends going along with me on this cruise.

We really appreciate you posting the info here

Ian

• 2 months later...

The new CEO has this to say:

We welcome the revitalised Celebrity Eclipse back to the UK in May. For those of you already booked on our special Taste of Modern Luxury two-night sailing , there will be an opportunity to meet you face to face as I will be onboard hosting a Captain's Club cocktail reception with Jo Rzymowska, UK and Ireland Managing Director.

I also recently had an email from Celebrity promoting this cruise:

Great British Chefs will be joining us on board!

'Through our partnership with Great British Chefs, Michelin-starred chefs Adam Simmonds and Robert Thompson will be joining us on board Celebrity Eclipse from the 7-9 May 2015

for our all-inclusive 2 night Taste of 'Modern Luxury.'

Edited by upwarduk

Sorry, but still expensive at £199 for 2 nights. You don't get on the ship until mid-day and then one full day and you are off the ship again very early the next morning. Le Havre is not the nicest port and Paris is a very long coach trip. This cruise is really only one and a half days (two nights)

Sorry, but still expensive at £199 for 2 nights. You don't get on the ship until mid-day and then one full day and you are off the ship again very early the next morning. Le Havre is not the nicest port and Paris is a very long coach trip. This cruise is really only one and a half days (two nights)

Not when you compare it to staying in a four star hotel and it includes drinks and gratuities.