Visa for Vietnam, Hong Kong or Singapore

Mr. Cooper

We are booked on the Quest for the December 2015 cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore. Does a Visa need to be obtained prior to departure for Hong Kong, Vietnam or Singapore ? If so what is the easiest way to obtain and what is the cost?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The answer for your question depends on what country you are originally travelling from and what type of passport you currently hold. Your travel agent is usually the first stop for the latest information as experiences on these boards might be out of date as countries keep changing their rules

We are booked on the Quest for the December 2015 cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore. Does a Visa need to be obtained prior to departure for Hong Kong, Vietnam or Singapore ? If so what is the easiest way to obtain and what is the cost?

Americans only need for Nam the other two we do not.. i got an 800 number from Azamara that one calls and a live person answers these questions. But in general you can not get a Visa until 90 days out from the time of arriving to that country and leaving that country..i have to wait almost 3 weeks to get a China Visa.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It is best if you call, or your agent calls, our Customer Service for information on visa requirements. I've sailed this fabulous itinerary, Hong Kong - Singapore, a few times but it was ages ago, and visa requirements do change.

FYI, our blog this week is about Vietnam. http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/connect-share/blog/highlights-vietnam/

• 3 weeks later...

I visited Viet Nam with Celebrity 2 years ago. We were able to purchase visas while on the ship for $50 which was billed to our on board account. They get some sort of special deal for short term tourist visas. I assume Azamara does the same.

I visited Viet Nam with Celebrity 2 years ago. We were able to purchase visas while on the ship for $50 which was billed to our on board account. They get some sort of special deal for short term tourist visas. I assume Azamara does the same.

We did this cruise a few years ago and could get visas from the ship, as long as we stayed with the ship. A few on our cruise left in Saigon and caught up with the ship in Hanoi. They had to get their visas through the Vietnamese Embassy. That was a while ago and it may have changed. It won't hurt to check out the visa requirements with either your TA or Azamara.

• 1 month later...