Boarding time in Port Canaveral

Pear822

Hi all,

We will be heading out on the Explorer on 12/27. What time should we plan to be at check in? I'd love to be on the ship as early as possible, but if we are just going to wait in line, aid rather be at the hotel pool.

We are spending the night prior to cruise at the Marriott Residence Inn, so we are close, but we will need to return a rental car and then take their shuttle.

Appreciate any thoughts!

Can't wait!

We are sailing Freedom on Sunday. We have each gotten two or more phone calls, multiple e-mails and texts from Royal. Suites and upper C and A members can board at noon, and the rest are given times by deck.

I know there are those to say to ignore these, but I have been on 15 or so RC cruises and have not experienced this level of persistence before. So we are going to go at noon ( in jr. Suites) and see how it goes.

As you know Explore just started sailing from Port C. The first cruise that left from there had boarding issues. I hope by the time you take your cruise they will be over with the issue. I would keep checking Cruise Critic to see if the problem has been corrected, then decide what time to board. Here is a link as to what happen below. I am hoping that the issue has all read been solved.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130371

With the delay in opening the new terminal, and the increase in the number of ships calling PC home, it is entirely possible that there is a shortage of shoreside staff/TSA/Customs/porters etc. to handle the logistics efficiently. Hopefully things will be sorted out and back to normal once terminal 1 opens and ships can get back to departing and arriving at the same terminal again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

With the delay in opening the new terminal, and the increase in the number of ships calling PC home, it is entirely possible that there is a shortage of shore side staff/TSA/Customs/porters etc. to handle the logistics efficiently. Hopefully things will be sorted out and back to normal once terminal 1 opens and ships can get back to departing and arriving at the same terminal again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I never thought of a shortage of shore side staff. That could be part of the issue.

We are sailing Freedom on Sunday. We have each gotten two or more phone calls, multiple e-mails and texts from Royal. Suites and upper C and A members can board at noon, and the rest are given times by deck.

I know there are those to say to ignore these, but I have been on 15 or so RC cruises and have not experienced this level of persistence before. So we are going to go at noon ( in jr. Suites) and see how it goes.

I was on Freedom last week. We got to the port at about 12 (the email said to be there at 1:30). We waited longer for security check (probably about 30mins) than the actual check-in process. As we are gold members we had our own check-in line and there were about 4 families in front of us while the the priority check-in for platinum and higher were snaking through the roped off lines. We boarded right after checking in! We were on board by about 1:00 eating lunch.

Hello, Cruise mate!

We are planning on arriving around 11 (that way we don't have to wait as long)! We can't wait either, I hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

How fun! Maybe we will see you at the Meet and Mingle!

Thanks for all of the replies!

Thanks for asking this question! I had the same one. I will be boarding the Explorer on Jan 9th and need to sign up for a time to take the shuttle from the Radisson. If they are going to request us to arrive at a certain time, I wish they would tell us sooner rather than later.