meet and mingle ideas

bonniboo1

We have had some fun M & M over the years.

1. Before our first Allure sailing we had an on line trivia questions and the person who go the most right won a prize on board (I had memory blocks of the Allure made at Something remembered).

2. We had a scavenger hunt on board, and off the ship and the person who was able to complete the list won simple prizes...............

---------some of the hard items were an item from a different cruise ship, a roll of 35 mm film, a quarter from Alaska (the state coins were a big ticket).

3. We also had to guess how many hits the thread would get before sailing and all had to have their guesses in 2 months before sailing.........the winner was the closest guesser without going over...............That thread Hurricaine Dodgers was a big hitter that summer.

Enjoy............we did.

Sea Ya

On my last 3 out of 4 NCL I organized our Meet and Mingled. We had a blast but I am always looking for new ideas. Ok CC friends, share your ideas please.

Thanks,

Bonni

NCL Gem. MAY 2015

I always have everyone go around and introduce themselves, state where they live, give their CC name as well as their real name and explain why they choose that name. I also usually have a gift exchange at the meet and greet for those interested. Sometimes I even organize a slot pull for those interested. I have a little give-a-way for either the couple with their anniversary closet to the date of the Meet and Greet or the person who's birthday is closest. I have a jar willed with something and a 'guess how many' and the closest person wins a little something. I always ask for a bridge tour for the group and have been granted that on every ship so far except for the Epic, Breakaway and Getaway.

Okay, so what do you usually do as I'm always looking for ideas as well.

Harriet

Sue and Harriet,

Thank you so much for your ideas. I loved them.

We usually do drinks at sail away. Last time I got volunteers from several cabin categories to show us their cabins. That was a blast. We ended up in mine and snacks provided my the butler. Everyone hung out for an hour.

Bonn

I am having one tomorrow on the Breakaway. We are doing Bingo, NY Trivia and LRC game and slot pull to follow. I have a great group and one of them (Rick) is doing the bingo and trivia for us.

Also I found out there are about 5/6 birthdays on our roll call so I ordered a sheet cake to sing happy birthday to the group of birthday gals. Looking so forward to tomorrow!!!

I am having one tomorrow on the Breakaway. We are doing Bingo, NY Trivia and LRC game and slot pull to follow. I have a great group and one of them (Rick) is doing the bingo and trivia for us.

Also I found out there are about 5/6 birthdays on our roll call so I ordered a sheet cake to sing happy birthday to the group of birthday gals. Looking so forward to tomorrow!!!

Yes and thank you for doing that!! See you tomorrow!!:)

My friend has done a lot of them. She makes name tags for everyone, door prizes(her own expense), gift exchages with presents representing their own states or countries, and a slot pull usually follows. We are having a pub crawl on our next one.

All of the activities mentioned sounds like fun!:):D;)

I just did last week M&G on the BA. We had a great time. Some of us brought gifts for door prizes and I got 3 t-shirts from NCL that I also raffled. We did the slot pull right after and the cabin crawl another day.

On our recent TA on the Star, our cc roll call did:

Cabin crawl

Gift exchange

Murder mystery

Of course, we had the first Meet and Greet the first sea day.

On other cruises, our cc group has met pre cruise at a hotel for happy hour.

I just did last week M&G on the BA. We had a great time. Some of us brought gifts for door prizes and I got 3 t-shirts from NCL that I also raffled. We did the slot pull right after and the cabin crawl another day.

How did you get the NCL t-shirts?

How did you get the NCL t-shirts?

Once I got onboard I got a letter in my room confirming the place and time for the M&G and the business cards of the contact people. I called them and I asked if they could give us anything to raffle like t-shirts, caps or anything like that. The guy kinda hesitated but he told me he would see what he can do. Next day at the meeting they were 3 NCL T-Shirts that we raffled with the other gift prizes we donated. Is all up to them. Is not guarantee you would get anything. Is all about how you ask and what you ask for.

Once I got onboard I got a letter in my room confirming the place and time for the M&G and the business cards of the contact people. I called them and I asked if they could give us anything to raffle like t-shirts, caps or anything like that. The guy kinda hesitated but he told me he would see what he can do. Next day at the meeting they were 3 NCL T-Shirts that we raffled with the other gift prizes we donated. Is all up to them. Is not guarantee you would get anything. Is all about how you ask and what you ask for.

Never knew about this. I'll give it a try at my next M&G. Thanks.