New Oasis GS

We have 12730 reserved for 5/9/15 sailing and are sticking with it for now, lots of GS left on this date so don't feel pressure yet to make a decision to change. If the price of the crown loft came down a little, might persuade me to make a move - we had one last year that was facing ocean and of course enjoyed it, might try one facing the sports deck this time.

We have had both CL but on Allure. I liked the ones facing the back of ship because I am a people watcher. And DH likes to watch the ocean. If we wood upgrade. Either would make me very happy.

Sea ya

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My husband And I are currently in 14330. We are the first people to be in this room. The op is correct. The rooms are incredibly small for a grand suite. Our room is the smallest of the new GS suites. There hardly isn't room to even fit a chair on the long narrow balcony facing the Aqua theatre. We squeezed a couple in but it just barely fits and you can't go around them once they are there. The other balcony is off the master bedroom and isn't very big either. I don't think the room is big enough for more than 2 people. There is a couch in the living room but no space for another chair. As a GS, it just doesn't cut it but as a one bedroom room, it is very nice. My friend took a video of the room that I will have him post it and I have some picture to post when I get him to do it. The suite amenities are great. We just love the suite lounge and the coastal kitchen. Fantastic food. I will try to get stuff posted soon but it is hard when we are enjoying our vacation.

You must stop enjoying that vacation topcruiser16 and get the video and pictures of your room posted for us back in the states! :)

You nailed it on the head!!!! I thought i was just in a bad mood but i totally agree with your analysis. Even tried changing rooms! We have 3 in our room. And i actually think room is smaller because if the wall and strange configuration! Oh well. Will have fun anyway though.

It's hard to really get a true perspective with such tight shots. A video would probably give a more accurate idea.:o

My son, his GF and my grandson were just in 12730. We got off today. In order to open the sofa bed it had to be turned so that it completely blocked the balcony doors in that room. It also partially blocked most of the drawers along the wall and the mini fridge. You could only open the mini fridge about 6 inches. The bigger issue was the number of times they found maintenance men in the room with no notice. My son finally complained to guest services. These rooms should not have been available this soon because they were not complete. The first day they only had 1 old deck chair and had to ask for lounge chairs. they were then given the old style pool loungers with no padding and had to ask for the padding. It will be interesting to see if they replace the sofa bed, the funny part was the sofa had huge arms which made it about a foot wider than the actual bed was.

Did they mention the ceiling height in the bathroom and shower? We currently have 11730 next fall, but my 6 foot husband is getting anxious about the comments regarding the bathroom. If he cannot stand comfortably and take a shower, it just won't work for us.

Wow. Not what we expected to see. We have 11730 booked for next November, but may reconsider. These rooms were billed as being MUCH larger than a standard GS, but people in these rooms say not so much? While I think we would LOVE the aft balcony the lack of shaded seating concerns me a bit. We will hold on for now, but a LS might be in our future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow. Not what we expected to see. We have 11730 booked for next November, but may reconsider. These rooms were billed as being MUCH larger than a standard GS, but people in these rooms say not so much? While I think we would LOVE the aft balcony the lack of shaded seating concerns me a bit. We will hold on for now, but a LS might be in our future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have 11730 booked for April 2015, and have decided to stay with this room (fingers xx), we usually book a GS when we cruise..so will see how this compares..

Karen

i have seen on another thread that the beds cannot be divided in the 12th deck aft suites. Does anyone know whether this is also the case on the 11th deck new GSs?

We had 11330 last week and no the beds can not be separated.

We had 11330 last week and no the beds can not be separated.

Did you happen to take a video or any additional pictures that you can post? The pictures I have seen so far do not give an overall good idea of the layout of entry way, bathroom location, windows etc.

thanks

No video but plenty of pictures. I was planning on doing a review as some requested to understand the positives of the cabin so I will see if I get around to it. The cabin is choppy, long entry way with no purpose, only 1 window facing Aqua theater but not a great view, sliders with windows on each side facing the ocean. The cabin is ideal for 2 people, possibly 3 but not 4. The best part about the cabin is the balcony. Bathroom is tiny.

No video but plenty of pictures. I was planning on doing a review as some requested to understand the positives of the cabin so I will see if I get around to it. The cabin is choppy, long entry way with no purpose, only 1 window facing Aqua theater but not a great view, sliders with windows on each side facing the ocean. The cabin is ideal for 2 people, possibly 3 but not 4. The best part about the cabin is the balcony. Bathroom is tiny.

Thank you for all of your information. Do you think a family of 4 consisting of two adults, one 4 year old and one 10 month old baby would fit okay?

Thank you for all of your information. Do you think a family of 4 consisting of two adults, one 4 year old and one 10 month old baby would fit okay?

Sure if the baby is in a pack n play in your bedroom. Are you ok having your kids sleep in a separate room with balcony access? We were not and either my wife or I slept with our son each night or he slept with us. That is why we usually book a "normal" GS so there is just a curtain between the pullout and bed not a long hallway and doorway.

Edited by CaribSailor

So everyone knows, these new rooms are NOT grand suites. They are Aqua Suites. I meant to take a picture of the stateroom number plaque next to the cabin door but forgot before we left the ship. The plaque says "330 Aqua Suite" also all of the staff on board said the same including the hotel manager, guest services and the concierge and his boss.

So everyone knows, these new rooms are NOT grand suites. They are Aqua Suites. I meant to take a picture of the stateroom number plaque next to the cabin door but forgot before we left the ship. The plaque says "330 Aqua Suite" also all of the staff on board said the same including the hotel manager, guest services and the concierge and his boss.

That makes sense. But they need to update the deck plans. On the plans dated Dec14 - May15, the color of those cabins correspond to a GS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

How does the price of an Aqua suite compare to GS? Am I paying more for

a lower priced room? The real problem is when I call they have no idea

how to answer the questions I am asking so I am relying on those who have

cruised in this cabin.

Even a mock booking for a GS shows 11330, 11730, 12330, 12730, 14330 & 14730 as Grand suites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I understand that. However we just sailed in 11330 and from what I was told by senior officers on the ship is that the crew does and has always identified these rooms as Aqua suites. Corporate on the other hand decided to list the as a grand suite. There was a plaque on the door of 11330 that said "330 Aqua Suite". I even pulled up my booking (which was for a GS) to share with the officers on the ship and they were confused as well why corp was selling these as a GS.