New Oasis GS

They are Aqua Theatre Suites. All the senior staff on the ship told us that is what they have always been. We just sailed in one last week. When we boarded and saw what the actual room looked like we contacted guest services and shared my booking statement which clearly indicated we booked a GS. They were shocked to find out corp were calling these rooms GSs. All you have to do is look at the stateroom plaque by the front door.[ATTACH]333526[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maybe they'll be reclassified as A-3, then. But from what you've said, the only things they have in common with the other A suites are the location and what they look at. I'm more shocked that the ship officers think that those cabins are comparable to the existing A's (or perhaps they don't).

Edited by critterchick

Maybe they'll be reclassified as A-3, then. But from what you've said, the only things they have in common with the other A suites are the location and what they look at. I'm more shocked that the ship officers think that those cabins are comparable to the existing A's (or perhaps they don't).

I know communication and attention to detail isn't RCI's forte, but having the ship call these Aqua Theater Suites while they're on the deck plans as Grand Suites and being sold as such is a bit much!:eek:

As each of the current ATS' have it's own unique pricing category,

Deck 8 is A1

Deck 9 is A2

Deck 10 is A3

with deck 8 commanding the highest price due to being the largest and having the largest balcony.

It would make since to continue the pattern and reclassify these new suites as A4, A5 and A6 and priced individually.

This way no one would be comparing them to a GS.

• 2 weeks later...
Booked 14330, now nervous about this move from our traditional GS cabins...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think all of us who booked there new aft GS will be concerned until there is more information available. The aft GS is unlike any other cabin offered by RCI. From the few pictures we have seen, it is nothing like an ATS. I have stayed in that cabin on Oasis, and there is no comparison.

Did they mention the ceiling height in the bathroom and shower? We currently have 11730 next fall, but my 6 foot husband is getting anxious about the comments regarding the bathroom. If he cannot stand comfortably and take a shower, it just won't work for us.

what is the date you have 11730 booked

I have pictures of GS 14330 and the new royal suite but I can't figure out how to put them on cruise critic. I have tried but they won't work. If I can't figure it out, my friend is coming over New Years and I will get him to do it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have pictures of GS 14330 and the new royal suite but I can't figure out how to put them on cruise critic. I have tried but they won't work. If I can't figure it out, my friend is coming over New Years and I will get him to do it

We have been looking everywhere for you "topcruiser16"!!!:)

Can you email them? I will give you my email address if that is better.

I have some questions though.

1. Can you access bathroom from only bedroom or both bedroom and living room?

2. Are the floor to ceiling windows on the edge of the ship located in the bedroom or living room?

3. Is the balcony that overlooks the ocean (not aqua theater) accessed from the bedroom or living room?

4. Are there chairs in the living room or only a sofa?

Yeah.....pictures. :) Email would work for me too....my email addy is in my signature. Can you tell I'm a bit anxious..;)

Another option is to upload them to this site:

http://www.shipcabins.com/decks.php?ship=Oasis-of-the-Seas

Just look for the upload pictures link on the top right of the page.

We have been looking everywhere for you "topcruiser16"!!!:)

2. Are the floor to ceiling windows on the edge of the ship located in the bedroom or living room?

3. Is the balcony that overlooks the ocean (not aqua theater) accessed from the bedroom or living room?

I can answer these as we walked through the suites on 14.

1. You can ONLY access the bathroom from the bedroom, this goes for all the new suites

2. The windows you are inquiring about are in the bedroom

3. This balcony is accessed from the bedroom

4. There is only a small pullout couch, 2 small foot rests that can be used at seating

If you have more than 2 people staying in any of these suites I would first recommend the suites on 11. If you are dying to book any of these rooms and and 11 is sold out and if 12 is still available I would choose that second but mind you it will be tight. The view are not all that different as on 14 you are only about 15+' above the suites on 11. The other point I will ad is you CAN'T fit any sort of lounger on the balcony for the suites on 14.

I can answer these as we walked through the suites on 14.

1. You can ONLY access the bathroom from the bedroom, this goes for all the new suites

2. The windows you are inquiring about are in the bedroom

3. This balcony is accessed from the bedroom

4. There is only a small pullout couch, 2 small foot rests that can be used at seating

If you have more than 2 people staying in any of these suites I would first recommend the suites on 11. If you are dying to book any of these rooms and and 11 is sold out and if 12 is still available I would choose that second but mind you it will be tight. The view are not all that different as on 14 you are only about 15+' above the suites on 11. The other point I will ad is you CAN'T fit any sort of lounger on the balcony for the suites on 14.

Thanks for the update. I saw you post and pictures on another thread but couldn't open them to make them larger. Is it possible for you to send them to me via email? We're in 11330 next year. My email addy is in my signature.

[ATTACH]332743[/ATTACH] no taking showers if you are 6' tall

Someone like me who is 6ft2 would be in deep trouble. I wonder whos bright idea that was

If you give me your email I will send you all my pictures plus some that my friend took. You can post them on this site.

Thanks

Lynn

My email is lynnkerr16atgmail.com. I used to word at instead of @

QUOTE=theredwoodguy;45081698]We have been looking everywhere for you "topcruiser16"!!!:)

Just got on the ship. Very disappointed. Lacking furniture, storage, pictures. Bathroom is tiny. Pool deck furniture on balcony. Seems like everything was just thrown in here. Tv's not mounted, God forbid we hit any seas everything will be on the floor. Decor is like a hospital. I would not book this room ever again. 1 couch and no chairs. No coffee table. No bar area. Very few drawers. Regular GS is MUCH nicer

out of curiosity.....did RCCL offer any sort of compensation or OBC for the unfinished 'GS' since that's a good amount of money to pay for a suite that was obviously not ready?