New Oasis GS

I can certainly understand your disappointment. The Balcony furniture is clearly not up to par with GS furnishings, in cabin furnishings don't appear up to par.

... and one sink in the bathroom --- who thought of that?

Thanks for posting. I will save my money and book a different cabin.

Before leaving the Oasis this morning, we walked through the new GS - 12330. What a disappointment. They have divided the suite into 2 rooms, both of which are small. The sitting area is so small that one could not open up the sofa bed. Also very limited storage. The only nice thing about this stateroom was the wrap around balcony. However, the balcony furniture consisted of 2 chairs--no table or lounger.

Before leaving the Oasis this morning, we walked through the new GS - 12330. What a disappointment. They have divided the suite into 2 rooms, both of which are small. The sitting area is so small that one could not open up the sofa bed. Also very limited storage. The only nice thing about this stateroom was the wrap around balcony. However, the balcony furniture consisted of 2 chairs--no table or lounger.

Wow

If they advertise this suite sleeps 3, and the sofa couch cant be open.......Oh my.

Ok, waiting for some good news on this situation.

Sea Ya

[ATTACH]332744[/ATTACH] doorway to bathroom

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is this suite designed for Munchkins? I would not be a happy camper if I'd put out the $$ expecting a "normal" GS and found something like OP has experienced.

We asked the room steward about the sofa bed. She said that a smaller couch will be brought into the room. If the sofa bed is extended for sleeping looks like it would take up most of that small room. Now I am wondering what 14330 is like if 12330 is so small. I had booked 11330 and 12330 in several reservations and have just cancelled all of them.

Wow, so sorry to hear and see this! I have been in 3 GS, and after seeing this, am seriously thinking I would not book one on the Oasis (even the small bath and one sink is a real bummer). Guess I have to get on the Allure before they change that as well!

We asked the room steward about the sofa bed. She said that a smaller couch will be brought into the room. If the sofa bed is extended for sleeping looks like it would take up most of that small room. Now I am wondering what 14330 is like if 12330 is so small. I had booked 11330 and 12330 in several reservations and have just cancelled all of them.

I don't think I'll take a wait and see attitude on this one either. I'm calling RCI in the morning and switching to a CLS.

We are in 12330 (i will try to post photos) and we now have 2 loungers and a table. I do love the balcony. We watched the aqua show from the balcony tonight. The sofa will open but they have to turn it the other way and it blocks one of the doors. There would be a lot more room if there was not a wall and door. It is smaller than i thought it would be. Just a wierd room and I was so disappointed when we hot here and adked to change rooms. But we are now accepting our citcumstances. I do like having 2 tvs since we have 3 people but we will not be in room much. More to come...

Wow, so sorry to hear and see this! I have been in 3 GS, and after seeing this, am seriously thinking I would not book one on the Oasis (even the small bath and one sink is a real bummer). Guess I have to get on the Allure before they change that as well!

Bella, this is not a normal GS on Oasis. Recently 6 new GS cabins have been added in the aft and the pix shown here are in one of them. These cabins will also be added on Allure next year. Nothing has changed in the existing GS'.

Obviously, and with good reason, the OP is very disappointed. The furnishings are not complete, the balcony furniture is horrible and the bathroom does not appear to allow for someone 6' or above. (Since my husband is 6'2" this is a concern).

What the OP hasn't shown us are pictures of the balcony which is the big draw of these new cabins. Understandably he is frustrated at not getting the amenities he expected but hopefully he'll come back and share some balcony pictures. In the meantime, we'll have to wait until future cruises to see the final and appropriate product of the new GS'.

Edited by Oville

We are in 12330 (i will try to post photos) and we now have 2 loungers and a table. I do love the balcony. We watched the aqua show from the balcony tonight. The sofa will open but they have to turn it the other way and it blocks one of the doors. There would be a lot more room if there was not a wall and door. It is smaller than i thought it would be. Just a wierd room and I was so disappointed when we hot here and adked to change rooms. But we are now accepting our citcumstances. I do like having 2 tvs since we have 3 people but we will not be in room much. More to come...

Thanks for the update and glad you love the balcony. How's your bathroom? I'm nervous as my husband is 6'2".

Thanks for posting, hope the balcony makes up for the cabin flaws, and most importantly, have a great cruise.:)

Edited by Oville

We have 12330 booked for a family of 4 cruise in April. From what I have heard today it will be very crowded with 2 adults and 2 teens. We have stayed in GS and OS on Allure and Oasis and enjoyed all the room and storage. It doesn't sound like the pull out couch will sleep 2. Where is all the extra square footage in the room compared to regular GS or are those numbers previously posted incorrect? I think I will be changing my reservation tomorrow.

Thanks for the clarification Oville. Our next cruise up is a river cruise, so haven't been on this board in awhile and wasn't aware of exactly what changes were made to Oasis after her dry dock. Glad to hear that my beloved GS has stayed the same!

[[/i]

Bella, this is not a normal GS on Oasis. Recently 6 new GS cabins have been added in the aft and the pix shown here are in one of them. These cabins will also be added on Allure next year. Nothing has changed in the existing GS'.

Wow - not good.

I have 14330 booked for 2016 and am seriously reconsidering after what I have just heard.....

Too early to bail ckrobyn! I have 14730 booked for August 2015 but I want to see some real pictures before I think about changing rooms. I haven't seen pictures yet of the reasons I booked this room. View and balcony! What we have seen so far are the short term negatives. The room is not complete and that is a risk you take when you are the first person booked in anything. Oh, and I doubt the ceilings and doors are any lower in this room than any other on the ship! I'm confident there are plenty of positives about these rooms and I'm ready to see pictures of them. I still believe that we may have one of the best rooms on the ship so hang on! :)

Thanks for the update and glad you love the balcony. How's your bathroom? I'm nervous as my husband is 6'2".

Thanks for posting, hope the balcony makes up for the cabin flaws, and most importantly, have a great cruise.:)

As long as he removes his ball cap he should be fine! :)

Too early to bail ckrobyn! I have 14730 booked for August 2015 but I want to see some real pictures before I think about changing rooms. I haven't seen pictures yet of the reasons I booked this room. View and balcony! What we have seen so far are the short term negatives. The room is not complete and that is a risk you take when you are the first person booked in anything. Oh, and I doubt the ceilings and doors are any lower in this room than any other on the ship! I'm confident there are plenty of positives about these rooms and I'm ready to see pictures of them. I still believe that we may have one of the best rooms on the ship so hang on! :)

Us to, we have this suite booked for August.

I hope all the kinks are worked out.

Sea Ya

Just got on the ship. Very disappointed. Lacking furniture, storage, pictures. Bathroom is tiny. Pool deck furniture on balcony. Seems like everything was just thrown in here. Tv's not mounted, God forbid we hit any seas everything will be on the floor. Decor is like a hospital. I would not book this room ever again. 1 couch and no chairs. No coffee table. No bar area. Very few drawers. Regular GS is MUCH nicer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I see you posted pics. Hopefully they "refine" the room a bit and add the small touches and maybe more furniture and nicer deck chairs....K.O.

Actually when the project manager took us in that room, he called it an aqua suite. I told him on the website it was classified as a grand suite. His plans call it an aqua suite. doesn't look much different from when I saw it. It has a couch and a bed. Looks like someone forgot about balcony furniture. the least they could have done was take the padded lounges from deck 17 for the balcony. But the view is great. I would want to see the cabin on deck 14 before I booked it. The room is supposed to be smaller and so is the balcony.

I would highly recommend booking the CL suite. In addition to the space and the great decorating, the CL is so close to the Suite Lounge. We were in a CL this past week and absolutely loved the Suite Lounge and the Coastal Kitchen. Additionally all of the staff go out of their way to make you fell special.

Can you confirm what cabin you are in? I am booked in cabin 14730 in April 2015 and based upon your pictures I have spoken to a C&A rep, a customer service rep and a customer service supervisor who basically told me that the pictures being posted are fabrications and not representative of the suites features or finishes. I am so confused!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have an email from RCCL stating there are two sinks in the new GS bathrooms.

I must tell you guys after seeing pictures we called RCCL to questions this, they can't help us. We are on the phone with our travel agent (at this point over 45 minutes) as they are trying to get answers for us about these rooms.

We have an email from RCCL stating there are two sinks in the new GS bathrooms.

I must tell you guys after seeing pictures we called RCCL to questions this, they can't help us. We are on the phone with our travel agent (at this point over 45 minutes) as they are trying to get answers for us about these rooms.

Their website says that there is one, as does the picture posted by OP, so I think that whoever emailed you is going off of the standard GS description.

By carving the cabin into two "rooms," RCI is following the Quantum GS model - we saw one on our pre-inaugural and weren't impressed with it - the "living room" is small and the coffee table takes up too much of the floor space. But there were two sinks in the very nice bathroom. My bet would be that the suites aren't finished and that artwork and (hopefully) nicer deck furniture will be coming as she is in Fort Lauderdale on turnaround days.

We have an aft GS booked for 2016 and will wait to see what happens over the year with the furnishings before we decide what to do. I'm still intrigued by the balcony, but if the CL does indeed vanish with the introduction of Dynamic Dining, then the suite lounge will be awfully inconvenient, although it will help us get our 10,000 steps per day!

Edited by critterchick