New Oasis GS

Thank you for these photos. I am booked in a regular GS on 1/17/15 and 14330 on 1/24/15. I have to say that in no way would I have booked this room if I had seen how it looked, and for the price charged. I agree the furnishings are minimal and, to me, unappealing. Perhaps I will feel differently after I have been in the cabin. I am willing to stay positive and not let this effect my cruise. I hope Royal will make photos available so people will know what they are booking, as they do with other cabins.:)

Thank you!! The set up actually works for us as a family of 3 with a 12 year old since there is a separate bedroom. Butter for us than one large room. I would really enjoy lying in bed looking out at that view with those gorgeous windows! Is there a second balcony off the bedroom?

Yes there is a second balcony Karen. You can see the door to it on the video that was posted. That patio does have a table and 2 chairs on it. I have seen it from a webcam when Oasis left Fort Lauderdale.

Having read the complete thread, I still think I would like the cabin and the balcony looks very nice. The only thing that concerns me is the statement that the bed can not be separated. Since I am traveling with my sister in law, I really do not want to sleep in the same bed since she is a morning person and I am a night person. If it was just me, it would be great! Can anyone confirm that the bed can not become 2 twins, or is that just a speculation because it looks like the nightstands can not be moved?

Having read the complete thread, I still think I would like the cabin and the balcony looks very nice. The only thing that concerns me is the statement that the bed can not be separated. Since I am traveling with my sister in law, I really do not want to sleep in the same bed since she is a morning person and I am a night person. If it was just me, it would be great! Can anyone confirm that the bed can not become 2 twins, or is that just a speculation because it looks like the nightstands can not be moved?

Although I have not been in the room it was confirmed to me by someone who had traveled in 11300 that the beds in there can not be separated. I would assume that means that all of the aft GS cabins are the same.

Although I have not been in the room it was confirmed to me by someone who had traveled in 11300 that the beds in there can not be separated. I would assume that means that all of the aft GS cabins are the same.

Yes, I can confirm the beds can not be separated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, I can confirm the beds can not be separated.

I saw several of your pics of 11330 posted but they don't open when I click on them. We're in 11330 next year and I'd love to see your pics. If you could post them here or send them to me via email I'd truly appreciate it.

Email addy is in my signature. :)

I booked a b2b cruise in Feb 2016 for 14730. There's my wife, little boy and myself. I'm 6'4" and took notice of how low the ceiling is in the bathroom. So I called and switched to a GS on the port side of the ship. Thank you for these photos and warnings as I would of not been a happy camper.

Furthermore, this is our first cruise with rccl. We are elite with celebrity but wanted to give the "big ship" a go. We always get a celebrity suite on the Eclipse and see the Grand suite as a lateral move.

Thank you for these photos. I am booked in a regular GS on 1/17/15 and 14330 on 1/24/15. I have to say that in no way would I have booked this room if I had seen how it looked, and for the price charged. I agree the furnishings are minimal and, to me, unappealing. Perhaps I will feel differently after I have been in the cabin. I am willing to stay positive and not let this effect my cruise. I hope Royal will make photos available so people will know what they are booking, as they do with other cabins.:)

Well I have almost made my decision about whether or not I will keep room 14730 but I have a favor to ask of you Pooh8941. Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the balcony that is accessed from the bedroom? We love to eat breakfast on the balcony and I believe there is plenty of room to do this but I want to make sure. It will also be interesting to see if they have now added pictures and hung the tv's on the wall. From other posts I think they have added a couple of small ottomans for the couch as well. The pictures just posted were awesome but it was the first time for anyone to stay in those rooms so it would be good to see if they are any more completed.

Well I have almost made my decision about whether or not I will keep room 14730 but I have a favor to ask of you Pooh8941. Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the balcony that is accessed from the bedroom? We love to eat breakfast on the balcony and I believe there is plenty of room to do this but I want to make sure. It will also be interesting to see if they have now added pictures and hung the tv's on the wall. From other posts I think they have added a couple of small ottomans for the couch as well. The pictures just posted were awesome but it was the first time for anyone to stay in those rooms so it would be good to see if they are any more completed.

I think we will keep our 14330 booking but we are not sailing until Jan2016 so lots of time to decide. Would you report back to this thread with an update, and maybe an extensive video tour?

I would be pleased to take photos of the balcony for you, cabin as well but I have never posted photos to CC and don't know how well I would manage that, especially during the cruise. I could send them to your email listed and you could the post them here, if you choose.

I will also attempt a video (stress the word attempt). :)

I read a while back that the beds cannot be separated and asked my TA to check on it. Royal told her they could definitely be separated. Guess I will find out. This cabin has turned out to be a crap shoot. Let's hope for the best!

I would be pleased to take photos of the balcony for you, cabin as well but I have never posted photos to CC and don't know how well I would manage that, especially during the cruise. I could send them to your email listed and you could the post them here, if you choose.

I read a while back that the beds cannot be separated and asked my TA to check on it. Royal told her they could definitely be separated. Guess I will find out. This cabin has turned out to be a crap shoot. Let's hope for the best!

It is something many people only dream of. When something isn't absolutely perfect, remember the big picture. You are in a suite on the Oasis. I am sure you will have a spectacular time! :-)

I personally sailed in 12330 and can tell you the beds CAN NOT be separated.

I do not doubt you since you have been there and I have not but can you tell me why they can not? Not enough room in the cabin? Or with the layout of the room and the bed? The nightstands do not move? Just curious more than anything, since SIL & I will be sharing a bed or one of us will be on the couch. LOL :p

It is something many people only dream of. When something isn't absolutely perfect, remember the big picture. You are in a suite on the Oasis. I am sure you will have a spectacular time! :-)

Hi Karen, I do agree that a cruise like this is a dream. As a recent breast cancer survivor, however, I am well aware of the big picture. This b2b cruise is something of a dream come true for me. My point in recent postings is not meant to complain. In fact, I have said just the opposite--that I do not intend to let the cabin layout interfere with my enjoyment of the cruise. BUT: Royal has sold this cabin as a GS with GS prices and a GS photo and it is not a GS nor a GS balcony. I think these discrepancies are apparent to all of us now and this is the reason for this thread. We are all coming to terms with this new suite category and this, too, shall pass.:)

I figured that the cabins were going to be laid out very different than a typical GS since the area they are working with is not square nor the same size as a regular GS. After what I saw of the new cabins on the NOS after its re-furb last January, I thought they might be going with the Quantum style, which they did. The Quantum Superior GS is very close to being 2 separate rooms and has a wrap around balcony. It even has 2 doors. One for the main bedroom area and another for the living room. :eek: I like the new GS/Aqua Theater Suite on the Oasis because it is different. It will feel like I am on a completely different ship. :D

I would LOVE to see pictures. I will be in 12730 in April. I am so excited and the only pictures I have seen are 11330 and I know it is little bigger (45 square feet, which would be 9' x 5' or 18' x 2.5') so I am wondering where they made the changes. If you would like to send me a link or some pictures, my email is razl1217@yahoo.com

Thanks so very much.

Ruthie

Hi Karen, I do agree that a cruise like this is a dream. As a recent breast cancer survivor, however, I am well aware of the big picture. This b2b cruise is something of a dream come true for me. My point in recent postings is not meant to complain. In fact, I have said just the opposite--that I do not intend to let the cabin layout interfere with my enjoyment of the cruise. BUT: Royal has sold this cabin as a GS with GS prices and a GS photo and it is not a GS nor a GS balcony. I think these discrepancies are apparent to all of us now and this is the reason for this thread. We are all coming to terms with this new suite category and this, too, shall pass.:)

I apologize if my comment sounded like I thought you were complaining- I didn't get that impression at all. I was more agreeing with you! I sensed you had a great attitude about not letting a potential bad layout spoil your trip :-)

I apologize if my comment sounded like I thought you were complaining- I didn't get that impression at all. I was more agreeing with you! I sensed you had a great attitude about not letting a potential bad layout spoil your trip :-)

Apologies are not necessary.:):):)

One of the problems with communication on the Internet is that tone of voice and facial expressions are absent. Emoticons really don't fill in for these non-verbal ways of communicating.

But thank you for responding.

JJ

I do not doubt you since you have been there and I have not but can you tell me why they can not? Not enough room in the cabin? Or with the layout of the room and the bed? The nightstands do not move? Just curious more than anything, since SIL & I will be sharing a bed or one of us will be on the couch. LOL :p

There are two reasons.

1. The night stands are attached to the wall.

2. The bed frame is a solid queen.

Now that makes a lot of sense. That means that one of us gets the couch. ;) Probably be me since I'm the night person because SIL will be asleep by the time I get in. I hope it's comfy! :D

I figured that the cabins were going to be laid out very different than a typical GS since the area they are working with is not square nor the same size as a regular GS. After what I saw of the new cabins on the NOS after its re-furb last January, I thought they might be going with the Quantum style, which they did. The Quantum Superior GS is very close to being 2 separate rooms and has a wrap around balcony. It even has 2 doors. One for the main bedroom area and another for the living room. :eek: I like the new GS/Aqua Theater Suite on the Oasis because it is different. It will feel like I am on a completely different ship. :D

Quantum has GS and Superior GS and only the latter have the wrap-around balconies. I didn't like the partition between the sleeping and living area - I thought it chopped the room up too much, but everybody has different tastes.;)

We switched back to a standard GS from 11330 in 2016. Might even downgrade to a hump JS if we catch a good price - right now it would cost more than we paid for the GS. The JS have better balconies than the GS, IMO.