Rodeway Inn in FLL - don't arrive early!

pennielz

If you choose to do the park and stay at Rodeway Inn near FLL, do NOT arrive before 3:00 pm. If you try to check in BEFORE 3:00 the will ask you to pay $20 other wise you have to wait until 3:00. They do provide you seating in the lobby while you wait. 😠

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After sitting in the lobby for ten minutes, they decided to go ahead and give us a room. It is a nice hotel. Just don't pay extra to check in early!

Edited by pennielz

If you choose to do the park and stay at Rodeway Inn near FLL, do NOT arrive before 3:00 pm. If you try to check in BEFORE 3:00 the will ask you to pay $20 other wise you have to wait until 3:00. They do provide you seating in the lobby while you wait.

There are a whole list of reasons not to stay at the Rodeway Inn. This just adds to it.

LOL, indeed.

OP, my guess is that they would have given you the room early anyway but tried to get you to cough up the 20 bucks first. :rolleyes::p

That is what they did. The room is fine and parking is good for the price. Just didn't appreciate the attempted extortion.

I wonder if you didn't have the car, if you would have been able to check in?

Some hotels do charge for early arrival/late checkout. Wouldn't expect a Rodeway, tho.

I've heard of charging for late checkout but, never early. If the room was ready, I could check in with no problem.

I've heard of charging for late checkout but, never early. If the room was ready, I could check in with no problem.

No kidding, IMHO a Rodeway Inn is one VERY small step up from a motel 6, which is a basically a jail without bars. Actually, having stayed in a Motel 6 and working in a jail for many years, jails are cleaner.

When we got off the Disney Wonder in Alaska last year, we cabbed to our hotel, it was 9am. Our room was clean so they gave us the keys and we moved in.

Like a previous poster very humorously said, just one of the many reasons not to stay at a Rodeway Inn.

Same reason a car rental place will offer to upgrade you for $30, then give you the upgraded car even when you decline their offer. Because they can.

So just because they can, means they should?

I have never heard of an upgrade being offered for a fee then given for free. That would make the rental agent look very stupid. Just my experience I suppose.

I have been offered free upgrades many times, but never "give me money" ......"oh, you wont? Ok, here it is for free". That is insulting.

Did I say it was right? Of course not. But they can and do. I'm guessing you don't rent cars very often. I do--2-3 times a month. I'd say 25% of the time they try to upsell me, and then give me whatever it was they were trying to charge me for, even after I decline. Most recently it was the satellite radio with Avis.

Did I say it was right? Of course not. But they can and do. I'm guessing you don't rent cars very often. I do--2-3 times a month. I'd say 25% of the time they try to upsell me, and then give me whatever it was they were trying to charge me for, even after I decline. Most recently it was the satellite radio with Avis.

About once a month, never had it done with me. But I guess we have different experiences. I do rent almost exclusively with Enterprise, not sure if that makes a difference. I get upsold regularly, never had it made free after that. In regards to the hotel, I think that is more a function of the crappy level of motel the OP chose. What does a dump like the roadway inn care about customer service.

In my opinion, saying "because they can" is justifying the behavior.

Edited by twindaddy

Because they can in no way justifies anything. It means what it says, stop reading into it.

I will read into it all I want, because I can.

Anyways, I take back my previous comments about Roadway Inn. I looked at Trip Advisor, why not luxurious by any means, there are many good reviews, and it might be a good budget choice.

Although there were a few reviews mentioning roaches. Is that as common in Florida as some people claim? Yikes!

No, roaches are NOT common in Florida as long as they have a regular exterminator and keep the place clean. Anyplace with regular roach spottings is probably not clean.

Edited by ducklite

Rodeway???? Been there once and will never go back.

The bus driver just laughed and said he hears the complaints about the hotel all the time.

A lot went on with the owner or manager of that hotel while we were there.

And it wasn't pretty. I too could give you 25 reasons not to go there.

You want cheap go there. Me I will camp out first. And I hate to camp.

No, roaches are NOT common in Florida as long as they have a regular exterminator and keep the place clean. Anyplace with regular roach spottings is probably not clean.

Good to know. I live in California and have never been to Florida (first trip coming soon), but if I saw roaches I would be outta there pretty fast.

Odd, there are some decent trip advisor reviews of this place, but some pretty bad ones too. One person saw a roach crawling across the counter in the hotel bar.

• 1 month later...
Good to know. I live in California and have never been to Florida (first trip coming soon), but if I saw roaches I would be outta there pretty fast.

Odd, there are some decent trip advisor reviews of this place, but some pretty bad ones too. One person saw a roach crawling across the counter in the hotel bar.

I stayed there back in 2012, Its not a nice hotel, Filty and dirty. They nickel and dime you real good. I would honnestly pay the extra 20-40$ easily and stay at a much nicer hotel which I have done many many times since i stayed there in 2012