CSI: NA Reloaded (Nieuw Amsterdam 11/30 to 12/14/14)

POA1

POA1 -- you can thank those of us who were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November 2013 and had a bad experience on Intransit Day that now you get to stay on the ship tomorrow (Sunday).

Thanks! :)

I've found that they seem to struggle on formal nights if the struugle at all. I've seen posters say that formal aren't well attended because people don't want to dress for it. On every cruise I've been on the MDR is packed.

The dining room was pretty full. But you kind of expect that in fixed seating.

Waiting for your comments/observations about the "tropical casual night".

And enjoy your day of key lime pie today!

We ate in Tamarind, and most of the men were wearing jackets. The people who ate the Mexican Fiesta at the pool were much more casual, which makes sense. I don't really think anyone knows exactly what they're supposed to wear on tropical casual night. I wonder if we're going to have tropical casual this coming week. We have a late night in San Juan, PR. Maybe after I experience three tropical casual, I'll know what to wear.

Then again, probably not.

Cheese Plate (Brie, Emmentaler, Gouda, and Cheddar) - Pretty pedestrian as far cheese plates go, but it matched the menu and there wasn't a prune in sight!

Maybe you could try this one on Oceania someday658cd8c318c80a2bf60e1be07b3471ac.jpg

Friends sometimes ask me how I can waste so many hrs on Cruise Critic. It's reports like yours that I can get so engrossed in that I forget the time. Just wish I could write like you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheese Plate (Brie, Emmentaler, Gouda, and Cheddar) - Pretty pedestrian as far cheese plates go, but it matched the menu and there wasn't a prune in sight!

Maybe you could try this one on Oceania someday658cd8c318c80a2bf60e1be07b3471ac.jpg

Friends sometimes ask me how I can waste so many hrs on Cruise Critic. It's reports like yours that I can get so engrossed in that I forget the time. Just wish I could write like you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a tasty looking cheese plate. Earlier in the year, you could choose from among 15 cheeses, many of them quite good. I miss that.

POA...... FABULOUS

This is one of the best, most fun, 'live from's I've ever seen here on CC/HAL.

Thanks so much.

Have a great second/third week. :)

No. Thank you for reading!

Edited by POA1

We really lucked out in Key West. They're doing a Pirate Reenactment at the fort near the Navy pier where we're tied up. You can see it great from the fore decks on 6. It's really bright out there and my camera only has a digital view finder. So, I have some photos of the sky, some random point on land, and the bow of the ship. A 21x zoom ain't worth squat when you can't see where you're aiming.

There's also the Key West Christmas Parade today. It doesn't kick off until 3:30, and that would be cutting it too close. Of course, if we're going to get stuck in a port, it might as well be one that's only a three and a half hour drive from Port Everglades and home.

We walked down to the Southernmost Point in the US, and then we walked back to have lunch at Blue Heaven. It's a very funky place with outdoor seating, live music, and roosters. I don't know if it would be everyone's idea of a great place, but we enjoyed ourselves.

After that, we headed over to Kermit's for frozen, chocolate dipped, key lime pie on a stick. We also stopped at the dive shop across the street. My snorkel valve failed in Cayman, and nobody likes a salt water straw clipped to their snorkel mask.

We were in port with a small Silversea ship and one of the Disney ships. Some trivia for you: Disney passengers are required to walk three or four abreast down the sidewalk. If they allow someone to pass them on the sidewalk, without having to step out into the street, Policeman Goofy locks them up in Mouseketeer jail.*

*Not precisely true, but seems to be for all intents and purposes.

We felt bad because the little guy is stuck in the cabin all day, watching the wine supply. We bought him his first souvenir.

ImageUploadedByForums1417899473.680691.jpg.b36df69ad1abc525ecb7f657e1b14d3c.jpg

Cruz Chic - This is from the place with the little t-shirts we saw from the trolley two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote=Huskerchick;44916898:D:D

[ATTACH]333228[/ATTACH]

Cruz Chic - This is from the place with the little t-shirts we saw from the trolley two weeks ago.

What would one buy a Pooh-Joe (?). A mermaid ornament with a starfish bra or a Styrofoam chocolate key lime pie on a stick?

TMZ is waiting:D.

We felt bad because the little guy is stuck in the cabin all day, watching the wine supply. We bought him his first souvenir.

[ATTACH]333228[/ATTACH]

I totally forgot about that store until now.

I totally forgot about that store until now.

Try to think about these reports as a multilayered, sophisticated humor product with lots of depth and not two pathetic adults with a toy bear.

We realize that we're somewhere in between funny and sad, so Pooh will probably not be making any more appearances this trip. (Don't tell him, though. If you do, he'll go all Eeyore on us.)

We realize that we're somewhere in between funny and sad, so Pooh will probably not be making any more appearances this trip. (Don't tell him, though. If you do, he'll go all Eeyore on us.)

Please - you have to show us the souvenir you bought for him!

Try to think about these reports as a multilayered, sophisticated humor product with lots of depth and not two pathetic adults with a toy bear.

We realize that we're somewhere in between funny and sad, so Pooh will probably not be making any more app

earances this trip. (Don't tell him, though. If you do, he'll go all Eeyore on us.)

He's adorable. I love when you include him. I've been showing my mom and sister his cute pics. They love it too.

Just in case anyone doubted just how kind POA1 is, he did in fact run up to my mom's room to get her a note to call her son. She called me when she got to Key West and was so appreciateive for the nice note. POA1 truly is a gentleman and a scholar (and darn funny, too).

Just in case anyone doubted just how kind POA1 is, he did in fact run up to my mom's room to get her a note to call her son. She called me when she got to Key West and was so appreciateive for the nice note. POA1 truly is a gentleman and a scholar (and darn funny, too).

Awww. Nice.:) Shows the (usual) spirit of friendliness on CC.

A question about formal night, and not to start a dress code debate, but I was wondering if there was a selection of jackets hanging at the dining room manager's station, as there was on our trans-Atlantic.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I would have wagered Ruth's last pillow chocolate that POA would contact your Mom in the most gentlemanly way. :) Happy she called you to assure you she is fine.

Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Never had a doubt in my mind that POA was a true gentleman and funny to boot.:):):)

POA1, I am really enjoying this thread especially the food photos, but I was really disappointed with your latest cheese plate.

Still trying to work out which was the Brie. :confused:

It was the small rectangle. I didn't use a flash, so there wasn't much contrast between the rind and the cheese.

A question about formal night, and not to start a dress code debate, but I was wondering if there was a selection of jackets hanging at the dining room manager's station, as there was on our trans-Atlantic.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Yes, there are. If a gentleman is an odd size, because he's a body builder ;) or something, I'd ask the day before to have one put aside. They also have tuxedo rentals on the ship.