Princess cruise Victoria to Seattle

jamesnnb

On our last Princess cruise (Vancouver to Los Angeles) everyone had to get off in Seattle (with Victoria being the port prior to Seattle) and go through immigration. Everyone -- even those who did not want to get off the ship at this Seattle port. And no one was allowed back on till they were sure everyone was off. It was a mess and those who did not want to get off in Seattle had to wait in the terminal until the ship was cleared. You were given a time to come to a lounge -- wait there for 30-45 minutes. Then your number was called and you got in line (on board) while everyone and their Mother snaked around and down and into the terminal to be processed by immigration. We then made our way in and about Seattle and had a grand time. Once back in the terminal we learned that the ship was still not cleared for re-boarding. There were a lot of non-happy-campers that had been waiting hours in the terminal to re-board. I was talking to one of the PortPeople and was told that this happens every now and again when ships come from Canada down into the US. I realize it is not a Ship decision -- but my question is this a random thing or a 'every cruise' thing when coming from Victoria down to Seatle?