Seabourn announces 2nd New Ship

CruiserKit

I guess you must be an important client of SB to be invited to such an exclusive event. Hopefully the new ships detail will become common knowledge soon. It will be good to know more, but cannot get too excited as I have read previous comments on CC that the maiden voyage won't be on a first come first served basis.

We are all important clients but I just happen to have a great TA who has a very good relationship with Seabourn.

I will report back with anything that I can find out about the new builds.

If you really want to go on a maiden voyage then it should not be too much of a problem getting on.

I have been on maiden voyages on several ships from different lines but to be honest I think the best trips are when the ship has bedded in and settled down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Maiden Voyage of Cunard's QM2 (not a good thing) and that is exactly how they allocated cabins. Top level loyalty members down, then open to the public. Not sure I would ever do another Maiden Voyage. Not even counting the premium pricing of same. Just too many glitches to work out and too many passengers (me included) expecting much better. Seems to be the norm for Maiden Voyages based on others experiences as well.

I was on the maiden voyage of QM2

Terrible weather from Southampton to Barbados

Shirley Bassey could not perform due to sea sickness.

Force ten gales.

Also many trades still aboard finishing things off.

It's better to wait for a month or two

We are all important clients but I just happen to have a great TA who has a very good relationship with Seabourn.

I will report back with anything that I can find out about the new builds.

If you really want to go on a maiden voyage then it should not be too much of a problem getting on.

I have been on maiden voyages on several ships from different lines but to be honest I think the best trips are when the ship has bedded in and settled down.

Well we have our deposit down, but I guess it maybe over subscribed, so nothing is guaranteed as advised by another SB/CC member. We enjoy maiden voyages and in fact the last one we were on seemed faultless.

Well we have our deposit down, but I guess it maybe over subscribed, so nothing is guaranteed as advised by another SB/CC member. We enjoy maiden voyages and in fact the last one we were on seemed faultless.

You'll get on.

Which Maiden was it?

Quest

Great ship and Seabourn learned a lot from the two previous maiden voyages.

I do fancy the maiden on the new build,I'll reserve judgement until after I have seen the plans on the 16th Dec.

I was on the maiden voyage of QM2

Terrible weather from Southampton to Barbados

Shirley Bassey could not perform due to sea sickness.

Force ten gales.

Also many trades still aboard finishing things off.

It's better to wait for a month or two

Yes, that is the way I remember it. Though Shirley did sing later in the trip. I don't think the American Idol Ruben Studdard ever got his sea legs enough to perform.:eek: Yes, give a ship a few months and things seem to mesh much better. But then, if someone wishes to check a Maiden Voyage off "the list", by all means go for it. At least once.

Maiden for the Quest was a great event. My recollection is that there were few teething issues. They had 2 short "pre-maidens" before the ship got to Barcelona during which they sorted a lot of small things out. They then had 2 clear days in Barcelona before boarding. The pre-maidens seemed like good value. You just didn't get the celebrations etc, or your name on the plaque - but you did get a well-priced cruise and a unique experience.

I should have made it "like Regent used to do" - We were so fortunate have to been on the Seven Seas Voyager's, preceded by a FREE western Med shakedown cruise and, because we had booked the 12 day (mostly eastern) Med maiden cruise, we got to stay on board in Monaco for two extra days, for the Christening, which took place at the brand new cruise terminal in Monaco; it's very first use as well! Delightful, just absolutely delightful.

My lovely wife and I had lunch with the Crown Prince of Monaco, . . . . . and about 300 of his closest friends. The scrumptious menu included Dover sole accompanied by a Montrachet, followed by Kobe beef accompanied by a 1st growth Bordeaux. Probably the best lunch we ever had. The only downside was most of the attendees had to listen to the Archbishop of Monaco blather on (in French, of course) for at least 20 minutes - he was supposed to give a 2-3 minute Benediction, but apparently didn't get the word. I managed to miss most of that; - our suite was on the wharf side of the ship, so I stayed put and watched from the balcony, escaping into the room after 3 or 4 minutes of His Grace's preachment.

Over 11 years ago now. Don't think they'll do it for the new Seven Seas Explorer. A shame, but things have changed so much, generally not for the good.

Edited by count florida

Jimmyw9,

I feel regret that you are not on the guest list. And yet you were on the maiden voyage of Quest? If that's the case you may even have your name on the godparents' plaque near Seabourn Square. Which makes you a valued guest, as they say. I hope that makes you feel better.

And so, and in the lead up to this exciting event of just 11 days from now, relax. Any particular questions I might field for you?

Happy sailing!

I was on the maiden of the Odyssey and throughly enjoyed the experience. The pre sail away party from Venice was magical. There were some hiccups but nothing to disrupt the great time. Other maiden voyages have not beens so lucky.

We were also on the maiden voyage of Quest. The sail away party with Blythe Danner was fun and the event in Monaco was outstanding. I don't recall any teething issues but, overall, the experience was not special enough for me to go out of my way to book other maiden voyages.

Dare I say you can get the former Seabourn hardware on Windstar. You'd be missing their software however.

Sent via squirrels and a rotary phone

Maybe they will be good. After all, they run nice park lodges.:eek::D As far as their sailboats, well, I just avoid sailboats.:eek::D

Dare I say you can get the former Seabourn hardware on Windstar. You'd be missing their software however.

Sent via squirrels and a rotary phone

What a good idea,all those that cannot stomach a ship with 450 guests can always sail with Windstar although a very different type of service awaits on the once great small vessels.

Software is far more important than the hardware.