Luggage dropped into the water in Miami - 17 Nov 2014

rajones007

saw

Spelling & Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Can we do this and not check it?

I too would like to know if we must check all baggage other than one carry-on prior to boarding? Now that we can disembark with all our luggage can we also do the same when we initially board?

I too would like to know if we must check all baggage other than one carry-on prior to boarding? Now that we can disembark with all our luggage can we also do the same when we initially board?

If you can carry it all with no assistance you can .

As long as it will fit through the x-ray machine when you go through security.

That's what I thought.

Can you imagine what boarding would be like if people were allowed to carry on all their luggage with no restrictions on size? Half the passengers can barely manage their own luggage as it is. Ugh. I don't even want to think of the clusterf--- of passengers getting it up the gangway and navigating it to their cabin.

They would have to move back the Muster Drill to midnight.

Edited by rajones007

As long as it will fit through the x-ray machine when you go through security.

I accidentally entered the terminal with my luggage last winter, on the Getaway, and everything fit in the x-ray machine with loose space all around. It would have to be a gigantic, non-standard, piece of luggage to not fit in there.

That's what I thought.

Can you imagine what boarding would be like if people were allowed to carry on all their luggage with no restrictions on size? Half the passengers can barely manage their own luggage as it is. Ugh. I don't even want to think of the clusterf--- of passengers getting it up the gangway and navigating it to their cabin.

They would have to move back the Muster Drill to midnight.

Yea, and a lot more in the drink!

Then the mess on board when people drag everything with them to the buffet, pool, or MDR since the staterooms are not usually ready until around 2 PM. Most people are not aware that you can check your bags when you board the ship until the staterooms are ready. The location varies by ship, but on the Star, you can check the luggage in Ginza.

Then the mess on board when people drag everything with them to the buffet, pool, or MDR since the staterooms are not usually ready until around 2 PM. Most people are not aware that you can check your bags when you board the ship until the staterooms are ready. The location varies by ship, but on the Star, you can check the luggage in Ginza.

I'm one of those nuts who takes my carry on and small backpack everywhere until the room is ready. It only takes your bag stolen once (not on a cruise) and you never want to leave it anywhere again;)

This same thing happen this past Sunday, December 14th, while loading luggage on Carnival's Magic in Galveston. While I didn't see it happen on the webcam the people who did witness it felt the same as everyone here. First Opps and then "poor owners of the luggage dropped. "

I went to the Roll Call for that cruising thinking someone would mentioned it but everyone was probably enjoying their cruise and not signing on to CC.