Forces OBC

amajaa

I've just found out that you can't get the OBC if you have booked a saver fare, has anyone else experienced this?

Fair enough I'm not complaining as obviously you are paying less but it doesn't mention this on the website.

I've just found out that you can't get the OBC if you have booked a saver fare, has anyone else experienced this?

Fair enough I'm not complaining as obviously you are paying less but it doesn't mention this on the website.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/military

Do you offer military benefits?

Yes, military benefits are applicable to UK citizens only.

We are pleased to offer on board credit to:

serving military

retired military

disabled military veterans

for bookings made on the Cunard Fare or Early Saver Fares.*

We can offer this benefit to serving personnel currently serving in the following service divisions:

British Army

Royal Navy

Royal Air Force or Reserves

Royal Marines

Please make sure you take the below with you on board your cruise:

Identification for serving personnel official military ID card.

Proof of service issued by the MOD for retired personnel (there is a specific document retired personnel can obtain from the MOD for this purpose).

The amount of on board credit per person, is applicable for the 1st and 2nd passengers only and depends on the duration of the cruise:

2-6 nights - US$25 per person

7-13 nights - US$50 per person

14-21 nights - US$125 per person

22 nights+ - US$200 per person

Please note the latest this benefit can be applied is 7 days before departure and it is not possible to apply the Military benefit once you are on board.

*Late Saver or other promotional fares are not combinable.

Edited by Pennbank

Isn't this the point of a 'saver fare', you only get what you've paid for. I don't think they are going to pay you or give you an incentive to buy their cheaper product. ;)

We were surprised by this too. Not sure if this has always been the case, but this is the first time we have been turned down. Guess that there isn't any point arguing, but we did ask them to check again.