Hanukkah

Butterbean1000

Mom and Sis have done several Chanukah cruises.

Carnival has an electric menorah and provides latkes, etc. Last cruise Carnival found the only crew that was a 'Member of the Tribe' to lead the lighting.

Expect arguments about which way to light the Menorah and complaints about how the latkes aren't like the one's made at home, lol

Mom and Sis have done several Chanukah cruises.

Carnival has an electric menorah and provides latkes, etc. Last cruise Carnival found the only crew that was a 'Member of the Tribe' to lead the lighting.

Expect arguments about which way to light the Menorah and complaints about how the latkes aren't like the one's made at home, lol

Thank you, you answered my question.

Enjoy your cruise!:cool:

This is the 2nd year in a row that we will be on board for Chanukkah. Last year, we sailed on the Celebrity Reflection and they had a lady who tried to lead the services. She had some song sheets printed out and we lit the candles and then ate latkes and jelly doughnuts. It was amazing to see all of the Jewish guests who actually left what they were doing to partake. It was really nice and the cruise line really tried to help us celebrate the holiday. I would hope that Carnival would do something similar when we are aboard next week.

Yes, they have a big light up Menorah, the have Kosher wine and latkes. The Carnival worker in charge of it, knew nothing about Hanukkah. He asked my husband if, he wanted to lead the prayer. It was very nice. Good job, Carnival!

The ever tasty Manischewitz Concord Grape.:p

Yumm. That is why we are on the Miracle next week and jelly donuts to boot wow. Who cares about the Hawaii part:):)

It's all about the priorities.

Rosefloater is bringing their own (paper) menorah, complete with flames.

Yumm. That is why we are on the Miracle next week and jelly donuts to boot wow. Who cares about the Hawaii part:):)

I don't remember seeing any doughnuts on the Carnival Hanukah spread; only latkes, applesauce, sour cream, challah (their version:rolleyes:), fruit and wine.

SpiritHanukah2010a.jpgSpiritHanukah2010.jpg

Challah??? hmm really enjoy a well made one but for Chanukah? That is weird.

Maybe we should bring our own:):)

It's the same thinking as the markets at all the Jewish holidays - Put out Matzoh and anything that says Streits or Manischewitz to sell.:D:rolleyes: But on Carnival they put out their version of Challah. Tasted like old white bread with some sesame seeds on top. Not worth the calories.

But we are still thankful that Carnival serves anything, because they don't have to.

It's the same thinking as the markets at all the Jewish holidays - Put out Matzoh and anything that says Streits or Manischewitz to sell.:D:rolleyes: But on Carnival they put out their version of Challah. Tasted like old white bread with some sesame seeds on top. Not worth the calories.

But we are still thankful that Carnival serves anything, because they don't have to.

The supermarkets in philly do exactly the same things. During the weeks prior to Hanukkah, they put out a whole display of egg noodles and gifilte fish. Someone needs to educate these stores as to what we eat during specific holidays. At least they try. I know thst carnival is going to at least try and make the holiday festive.

Howard

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app