Star Princess missing Ensenada?

calmpets

I have family on the Star Princess right now, and they are slated to be in Ensenada on Sunday, but the ship's webcam says that the Star is bound for San Francisco. Is anyone aware of an itinerary change, or is the webcam just wrong? Thanks in advance for any info!

I have family on the Star Princess right now, and they are slated to be in Ensenada on Sunday, but the ship's webcam says that the Star is bound for San Francisco. Is anyone aware of an itinerary change, or is the webcam just wrong? Thanks in advance for any info!

Sometimes they miss mark the destination.

Are you sure they didn't go to Ensenada first? That sometimes does happen...

The ********** web site shows it headed for Ensenada. Fun site to follow ships route

I've been on Krooz Cams and Cruise Addicts, both of which seem to be streaming video from the same feed. I tried to check on Marine Traffic, but the ship was out of range so I couldn't get anything.

Are you sure they didn't go to Ensenada first? That sometimes does happen...

They definitely didn't stop there first - I spoke to them when they arrived in Hawaii, and there were no itinerary changes by then.

I'll just assume that the site was in error. Thanks everyone!

Edited by calmpets
more info

Some time back we were on a Hawaii cruise, and the weather was bad returning to the mainland, which delayed us a lot. We arrived outside Ensenada at around midnight (never entered the port) and a boat brought the officials and paperwork out to us where all forms were filled properly and the officials returned to port on their boat. We then headed north to Los Angeles. Believe me, it happens.

Also remember reading awhile ago (don't remember which cruise line) about a ship that made their first stop of the voyage in Ensenada. When they made their second stop, in San Diego, EVERYONE had to be processed through customs at that point, basically ruining their day in SD due to the customs delay. Guess that explains why most itineraries show Ensenada as the LAST STOP on their trip prior to reaching disembarkation port!

On one of our Hawaiian cruises, another ship (another cruiseline) was doing just about the same itinerary (I think two of their ports were switched from ours, but my memory was fuzzy). That website had the wrong info for those two ports. I don't think this was a last minute itinerary change -- the cruise line's website had the exact order.

Some time back we were on a Hawaii cruise, and the weather was bad returning to the mainland, which delayed us a lot. We arrived outside Ensenada at around midnight (never entered the port) and a boat brought the officials and paperwork out to us where all forms were filled properly and the officials returned to port on their boat. We then headed north to Los Angeles. Believe me, it happens.

I was once on a San Diego/Hawaii RT on Celebrity on which our scheduled stop in Ensenada was 11:00 PM to 11:59 PM! We dropped anchor, let officials quickly board and leave, then hoisted anchor.

The Star's bridge cam hasn't updated in two days, still showing SF bound. The port of Ensenada has no webcam that I can locate online, but the Star is still on the port schedule for 4-8PM tomorrow, Sunday 12/7.

Sea scanner shows the Star 8hrs out of Ensenada.

Sea scanner shows the Star 8hrs out of Ensenada.

That site only shows scheduled, not actual, position as indicated by the checked box on the right just below the location map thus is using data from the itinerary to fix the ship's location.