Ncl jewel check in process

PUGSLEYTAZ

its been several years (and a few other cruise lines) since our last NCL. We are heading out on Jewel in 44 days!!! Can anyone tell me if they still have the old - get on the ship and lug around your carry on for a few hours until the rooms are ready - or have gone to the newer - get on board and go directly to your room with luggage arriving later? Depending on this I will adjust my carry on packing. Really hate lugging it around and in our experience the 'coat check' type room where you can store the carry on until the rooms are ready was a complete ZOO! TIA

They still have the same issue... getting 3,000 people off, clean the rooms, get them ready for new guests... which means not getting into your rooms.

We do a rolling carryon, often with wine or soft drinks, plus computer, etc. We just wheel it to the MDR, have a quiet lunch then off to the cabin.

I agree, the checking the carryon thing does not make sense to us.

Edited by garycarla

• 1 month later...
I just got off the Jewel yesterday. We were permitted to drop off our luggage to our rooms immediately after boarding. Our checked luggage was also delivered faster than any other cruise I have ever been on.

We had the same experience when we were on the Jewel.

Get to the port at 10 :00am Or wait until 1:00 pm? Smaller crowds is at which of those times is the question.. Thanks for your response in advance.

We got there at 10:30 ish and breezed through security and check in. We were in group 5 for loading. Our friends got there 30 mins later and were in group 10. We were checking the kids into kids club at 1130 and then eating lunch at Tzars after. Everything was moving quickly. By the time we finished lunch, the rooms were ready.