123 Go and Captains Club discount

realnice46

We just booked Med cruise for Sept 2015. I logged into Captains Club clicked the cruise we had chosen and it showed a $750 discount per our chosen cabin. I was not able to complete reservation on line so called Celebrity, they said I would not receive both Captains Club discount and the 123 offer, I would have to choose one or the other.

Is this how this offer works ?

We just booked Med cruise for Sept 2015. I logged into Captains Club clicked the cruise we had chosen and it showed a $750 discount per our chosen cabin. I was not able to complete reservation on line so called Celebrity, they said I would not receive both Captains Club discount and the 123 offer, I would have to choose one or the other.

Is this how this offer works ?

Yes, you can have one or the other but not both. Captains Club discount is $750-, 123go is worth different depending on which options and length of cruise. If selecting Captains Club $750- off you are better off taking 2 cruises B2B rather than one cruise as you get $750- off each cruise.

However, you can combine 1-2-3 and most all other celebrity offers with the one level captain's club upgrade....just make sure you get the upgraded cabin at the correct price when you book the cruise....you can only take advantage of that offer when booking your cruise.

You log into your Captains Club account, then when you are choosing a cruise the discount will appear. Discounts vary according to cruise.

I have not had the one category upgrade/discount appear automatically when I make an online reservation even though logged in. This is one of those instances, especially when combining with a promo, in which I think it is worth speaking with a Celebrity Vacation Planner after first putting a hold on the cruise/cabin you want. Often this results in an additional perk (like the $150 post cruise OBC X can give you) being added. While I prefer to do everything myself on the Web, I prefer even more getting all applicable discounts and perks and getting an accurate booking confirmation (as opposed to the typically auto-generated email confirmation, which almost always is incorrect).

The same thing happened when I booked our cruise and interestingly enough it worked out to be about the same since my wife does not drink, meaning the captain's club discount equaled the cost of 123go when substituting a premium non-alcohol package for a full classic package. Wally

If you are logged into My Celebrity and then click on a promo (ie, all inclusive europe), when you choose a sailing you often see both rates (all inclusive rate and Captain's Club discount) which clearly (at least as clear as Celebrity seems to be able to make things) that one rate includes a discount and is not combinable with other promos while the other is the promo rate.

For a Med cruise this summer the Captain's Club rate is $450 per person cheaper. It's too early in the morning right now :eek: but I suspect the all inclusive rate (classic drink, prepaid gratuities, shipboard credit) will work out better. And when I mean better, I don't take the price of the drink package at full value since without a package we'd never come close to spending that amount.

I suspect the all inclusive rate will be best but who knows.

I do wish that Celebrity would automatically show both rates whenever a Captain's club member is looking for a quote. If you don't search for a promo only the Captain's club rate shows up which is a bit misleading if you think it includes the promo (just my 2 cents).