I'm so excited

Blondilu

and I just can't hide it.

A couple of years ago I read DeLoreanGirls review of her British Isles cruise. I started daydreaming of doing the same cruise and would still be daydreaming if I hadn't inherited a little money. Just enough for what my sister/travelling companion refers to as a trip of a lifetime. Well maybe. To date all my cruises have been close to home to help cut costs and are often in an inside cabin for the same reason.

Anyway, I did book an inside originally. I then threw caution to the wind an upgraded us to a balcony thinking that it was found money, so why not. THEN Princess upgraded me to a higher category. Whoo-hoo!!!!

I kept the upgrade, but sort of regretted not declining and keeping the first balcony cabin at the new lower rate. As far as I can tell the upgraded one is only slightly larger and comes with a robe. Not really worth the money to me and found money or not, what we don't spend on our cabin, we can spend elsewhere.

Well, I looked today and Princess is having a sale. I called and we are now back in our original balcony category, Dolphin deck, midships. The location of which I like way better than the upgrade. We each have $100 OBC and a free night at one of the specialty restaurants. All of this at a substantial savings from what I owed yesterday. Like I said, I'm so excited!!!

A couple of years ago I read DeLoreanGirls review of her British Isles cruise. I started daydreaming of doing the same cruise and would still be daydreaming if I hadn't inherited a little money. Just enough for what my sister/travelling companion refers to as a trip of a lifetime. Well maybe. To date all my cruises have been close to home to help cut costs and are often in an inside cabin for the same reason.

Anyway, I did book an inside originally. I then threw caution to the wind an upgraded us to a balcony thinking that it was found money, so why not. THEN Princess upgraded me to a higher category. Whoo-hoo!!!!

I kept the upgrade, but sort of regretted not declining and keeping the first balcony cabin at the new lower rate. As far as I can tell the upgraded one is only slightly larger and comes with a robe. Not really worth the money to me and found money or not, what we don't spend on our cabin, we can spend elsewhere.

Well, I looked today and Princess is having a sale. I called and we are now back in our original balcony category, Dolphin deck, midships. The location of which I like way better than the upgrade. We each have $100 OBC and a free night at one of the specialty restaurants. All of this at a substantial savings from what I owed yesterday. Like I said, I'm so excited!!!

Congrats!

By the way all cabins come with a robe.

Just ask Stewart!!

You will not regret going on this cruise! I was on the cruise right before Delorean Girl and had such a wonderful time. It was a dream of mine to do that itinerary and I couldn't convince my DH to go to a cold climate, so I went alone.

The Roll Call really helped me 'meet' some people in advance who are still friends today. I didn't feel so alone and having so many private tours planned REALLY made the experience fantastic. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)

If your cruise stops off in Liverpool, give me a shout and I will put you wise to the local trips and tips :cool:

Have a grrrrreat cruise ! I'm sure it will be. You are going with such a positive attitude, it can only attract good things. There is no such thing as too happy... so go for what makes you happy, seize the day and savor the moments. A dream come true is always magic.

Thanks for sharing the happy moment !

You will LOVE this cruise. We went this summer in August in order to see the Tattoo. Such a great itinerary. We did lots of private tours with great cruise critic folks. Only mistake was not planning a private tour Dublin; there was another large ship in port and a big horse show that caused the Hop On Hop Off buses to be impossibly crowded. Simply could not do all we wanted there. Have fun planning and meeting new friends. Happy travels!

Thanks all. I am really excited to get to go AND get a really good deal. Now if I didn't have to wait til next summer everything would be perfect.

And thanks Colo Cruiser for the tip about the robe. Half a dozen cruises and I did not know that.