options with college kids

World Gallery

We will be in Roatan Dec. 18th with 4 college kids in the Norwegian Dawn. I have used Victor in 2008 and we had a good time. We do not want to spend a lot of money doing things such as ziplining or parasailing. What are some options for this age? We are hoping not be to on a beach with aggressive vendors and don't want a long drive. Thanks.

Some great sightseeing & a trip to West End Village are both "free". West End Village is lined with restaurants & shopping (from touristy souvenirs to Waves of Art, our favorite place...crafts, well made tees, etc.) Plus, no beach vendors that I've ever seen. That, and a $5 visit to Victor's monkeys, is pretty much all we did last week. $30 total through Bodden Tours (plus, a few adult beverages at West End!)

We will be in Roatan Dec. 18th with 4 college kids in the Norwegian Dawn. I have used Victor in 2008 and we had a good time. We do not want to spend a lot of money doing things such as ziplining or parasailing. What are some options for this age? We are hoping not be to on a beach with aggressive vendors and don't want a long drive. Thanks.

If you are looking for a quiet, rustic, laid-back few hours off the ship Club Natale is a short drive from either port which offers several day packages at different levels of inclusiveness. Absolutely no vendors to bother you. We usually just buy minimum package at $35pp to include site fee and transport and wi-fi, and then purchase food and drink as we require. No organized activities included but you can add-on kayaking, snorkeling guide, massages as required. Volley ball net available. Great infinity pool on site.

Thanks for these ideas.

Is it necessary to book a driver in advance (I was considering Victor Boddon) but he is $25 per person for the whole day and it doesn't seem we will need that. I know that some ports have a regulated, safe taxi system but others, not so much. How is Roatan and do they have vans since we are party of 5?

Thanks.

Thanks for these ideas.

Is it necessary to book a driver in advance (I was considering Victor Boddon) but he is $25 per person for the whole day and it doesn't seem we will need that. I know that some ports have a regulated, safe taxi system but others, not so much. How is Roatan and do they have vans since we are party of 5?

Thanks.

In my experience you are just as well to take the driver for the day for a more flexible day on Roatan, post to point taxi rides seem expensive. When we have gone to Club Natale they have arranged the transport although I got the impression the drivers were flexible and would have stopped or toured some if we had wanted. Both times we were happy just to have a ride there and back as we had a little one with us and didn't want to tour.